Review: could Metoprolol succinate cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Metoprolol succinate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 17,389 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol succinate from FDA and social media. Among them, 269 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate and have Weight gain >>>
Metoprolol succinate has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 18,066 Metoprolol succinate users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 17,385 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol succinate. Among them, 269 people (1.55%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Metoprolol succinate when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||4.17%||33.33%||8.33%||20.83%||12.50%||8.33%||12.50% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Metoprolol succinate * :
|Weight gain||56.64%||43.36% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Metoprolol succinate * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.45%||0.90%||3.14%||19.28%||23.32%||52.91% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Metoprolol succinate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||12.50%||75.00%||12.50%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (49 people, 18.22%)
- Depression (22 people, 8.18%)
- Atrial fibrillation (19 people, 7.06%)
- Diabetes mellitus (18 people, 6.69%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (17 people, 6.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (81 people, 30.11%)
- Lipitor (43 people, 15.99%)
- Lisinopril (42 people, 15.61%)
- Omeprazole (34 people, 12.64%)
- Furosemide (34 people, 12.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of metoprolol succinate and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Metoprolol Succinate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of side effects of Toprol-xl for a 49-year old man with High Blood Pressure.
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Pepcid Ac, Aspirin, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Calcium, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Metoprolol Succinate, Advair Diskus 100/50, Concerta, Imiquimod for a 53-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acid Reflux, General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergy, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Adhd, Plantar Warts. The patient has Blood Potassium Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
Recent Metoprolol succinate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.