Review: could Metoprolol tartrate cause Bone and joint pain (Joint pain)?
Summary: Bone and joint pain is found among people who take Metoprolol tartrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 38,565 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol tartrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,096 have Bone and joint pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Bone and joint pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Bone and joint pain >>>
Metoprolol tartrate has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 40,474 Metoprolol tartrate users)
Bone and joint pain
Bone and joint pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 118,887 Bone and joint pain patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 38,552 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate. Among them, 1,095 people (2.84%) have Bone And Joint Pain.
Time on Metoprolol tartrate when people have Bone and joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone and joint pain||8.70%||30.43%||4.35%||17.39%||13.04%||17.39%||8.70% |
Gender of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Bone and joint pain||57.00%||43.00% |
Age of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.49%||4.46%||9.78%||24.44%||59.83% |
Severity of Bone and joint pain when taking Metoprolol tartrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bone and joint pain||5.88%||35.29%||47.06%||11.76% |
How people recovered from Bone and joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||9.09%||90.91% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (152 people, 13.88%)
- Osteoporosis (97 people, 8.86%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (96 people, 8.77%)
- Pain (79 people, 7.21%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (77 people, 7.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (335 people, 30.59%)
- Lisinopril (213 people, 19.45%)
- Lipitor (146 people, 13.33%)
- Furosemide (144 people, 13.15%)
- Lasix (139 people, 12.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of metoprolol tartrate and bone and joint pain on
Do you have Bone And Joint Pain while taking Metoprolol Tartrate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Bone And Joint Pain
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate
- support group for people who have Bone And Joint Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Losartan, Zetia for a 54-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Stiffness In A Joint
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with HBP.
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 65-year old woman with Panic Attack, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss, Abdominal Bloating, Ureteral Spasm, Pelvic Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of drug interactions between Aricept, Lamictal, Desipramine Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Abilify, Lopressor for a 55-year old man with Alzheimers, Anticonvulsant Drug Level Below Therapeutic, Chronic Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Dizziness (excl Vertigo)
Recent Metoprolol tartrate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.