Review: could Metoprolol tartrate cause Chest pain?
Summary: Chest pain is found among people who take Metoprolol tartrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 38,552 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol tartrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,821 have Chest pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Chest pain >>>
Metoprolol tartrate has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 40,470 Metoprolol tartrate users)
Chest pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 136,852 Chest pain patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 38,552 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate. Among them, 1,821 people (4.72%) have Chest Pain.
Time on Metoprolol tartrate when people have Chest pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest pain||45.35%||26.74%||5.81%||9.30%||8.14%||2.33%||2.33% |
Gender of people who have Chest pain when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Chest pain||50.43%||49.57% |
Age of people who have Chest pain when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Chest pain||0.00%||0.17%||0.17%||2.11%||3.60%||13.81%||23.86%||56.28% |
Severity of Chest pain when taking Metoprolol tartrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest pain||17.65%||64.71%||17.65%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chest pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chest pain||0.00%||28.57%||71.43% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (250 people, 13.73%)
- Atrial fibrillation (91 people, 5.00%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (82 people, 4.50%)
- Depression (77 people, 4.23%)
- Pain (71 people, 3.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (783 people, 43.00%)
- Lisinopril (428 people, 23.50%)
- Plavix (321 people, 17.63%)
- Simvastatin (280 people, 15.38%)
- Lipitor (276 people, 15.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of metoprolol tartrate and chest pain on
Do you have Chest Pain while taking Metoprolol Tartrate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Chest Pain
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate
- support group for people who have Chest Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Heart Failure.
- A study of drug interactions between Tikosyn, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril, Baby Aspirin, Centrum Silver, Potassium Chloride, Clonazepam, Eliquis, Lasix for a 46-year old woman with Afif, Cardiac Ablation, Hypertension, Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, Vitamin C And Colds, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Stress And Anxiety, Jet Lag. The patient has Svt, Nsvt, Dizziness, Chest Discomfort
- A study of side effects of Aztreonam for a 24-year old woman with Mrsa Infection. The patient has Vertigo, Muscle Stiffness (weakness and loss of muscle control due to nerve damage in brain), Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Sleep Walking (walking during sleep)
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Gabapentin for a 26-year old man with Initial Insomnia, Anxiety And Stress, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Heart Palpitations, Chest Pain, Confusion, Fear, Irritability, Mood Swings, Paranoia, Electric Shock
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 54-year old woman with Heart Failure, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Aging Changes In The Lungs
Recent Metoprolol tartrate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.