Review: could Metoprolol tartrate cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Erectile dysfunction is found among people who take Metoprolol tartrate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Erection problems.
We study 38,565 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol tartrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 162 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Metoprolol tartrate has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 40,479 Metoprolol tartrate users)
Erectile dysfunction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,224 Erectile dysfunction patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 38,552 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate. Among them, 164 people (0.43%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Metoprolol tartrate when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||8.33%||20.83%||4.17%||12.50%||33.33%||4.17%||16.67% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.61%||99.39% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.04%||38.41%||48.55% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Metoprolol tartrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||45.83%||45.83%||8.33% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Erectile dysfunction (22 people, 13.41%)
- Hypertension (20 people, 12.20%)
- Multiple myeloma (18 people, 10.98%)
- Insomnia (13 people, 7.93%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (11 people, 6.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (68 people, 41.46%)
- Lisinopril (42 people, 25.61%)
- Lipitor (41 people, 25.00%)
- Simvastatin (40 people, 24.39%)
- Levitra (36 people, 21.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of metoprolol tartrate and erectile dysfunction on
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Metoprolol Tartrate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Crestor, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 75-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Impotence
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote, Lithium Carbonate for a 40-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Ejaculation Delayed, Erection Problems
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 65-year old woman with Panic Attack, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss, Abdominal Bloating, Ureteral Spasm, Pelvic Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of drug interactions between Garlic, Fish Oil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Crestor, Fenofibrate for a 44-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Metoprolol tartrate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.