Review: could Metoprolol tartrate cause Loss of vision (Blindness)?
Summary: Loss of vision is found among people who take Metoprolol tartrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 38,565 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol tartrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 76 have Loss of vision. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of vision and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Loss of vision >>>
Metoprolol tartrate has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 40,479 Metoprolol tartrate users)
Loss of vision
Loss of vision has been reported by people with diabetes, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, erection problems, depression. (latest reports from 12,357 Loss of vision patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 38,552 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate. Among them, 76 people (0.20%) have Loss Of Vision.
Time on Metoprolol tartrate when people have Loss of vision * :
Gender of people who have Loss of vision when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Loss of vision||67.09%||32.91% |
Age of people who have Loss of vision when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Loss of vision||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.85%||3.08%||6.15%||26.15%||50.77% |
Severity of Loss of vision when taking Metoprolol tartrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of vision||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of vision ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (13 people, 17.11%)
- Depression (8 people, 10.53%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (5 people, 6.58%)
- Contraception (5 people, 6.58%)
- Cardiac disorder (5 people, 6.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (21 people, 27.63%)
- Simvastatin (16 people, 21.05%)
- Lipitor (15 people, 19.74%)
- Lisinopril (12 people, 15.79%)
- Plavix (11 people, 14.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of metoprolol tartrate and loss of vision on
Do you have Loss Of Vision while taking Metoprolol Tartrate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Loss Of Vision
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate
- support group for people who have Loss Of Vision
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 65-year old woman with Panic Attack, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss, Abdominal Bloating, Ureteral Spasm, Pelvic Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of drug interactions between Aricept, Lamictal, Desipramine Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Abilify, Lopressor for a 55-year old man with Alzheimers, Anticonvulsant Drug Level Below Therapeutic, Chronic Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Dizziness (excl Vertigo)
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril, HCTZ, Atorvastatin Calcium, Gabapentin, Effient, Pregabalin, Novolin R, Lantrisul, Isosorbide Mononitrate for a 61-year old woman with Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Diuretic Effect, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Neuropathy, Heart Mri, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Diabetes, Heart Rate Decreased. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a 64-year old woman with Arrhythmia. The patient has Weight Gain
Recent Metoprolol tartrate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.