Review: could Metoprolol tartrate cause Respiratory failure (Respiratory acidosis)?
Summary: Respiratory failure is found among people who take Metoprolol tartrate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 38,565 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol tartrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 580 have Respiratory failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Respiratory failure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Respiratory failure >>>
Metoprolol tartrate has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 40,479 Metoprolol tartrate users)
Respiratory failure (inadequate gas exchange by the respiratory system) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, multiple myeloma, depression. (latest reports from 33,186 Respiratory failure patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 38,552 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate. Among them, 580 people (1.50%) have Respiratory Failure.
Time on Metoprolol tartrate when people have Respiratory failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Respiratory failure||33.33%||42.86%||0.00%||14.29%||0.00%||4.76%||4.76% |
Gender of people who have Respiratory failure when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Respiratory failure||45.47%||54.53% |
Age of people who have Respiratory failure when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Respiratory failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.10%||3.44%||6.11%||20.42%||67.94% |
Severity of Respiratory failure when taking Metoprolol tartrate ** :
How people recovered from Respiratory failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (63 people, 10.86%)
- Pain (37 people, 6.38%)
- Multiple myeloma (35 people, 6.03%)
- Depression (34 people, 5.86%)
- Nausea (33 people, 5.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (189 people, 32.59%)
- Lasix (152 people, 26.21%)
- Lisinopril (109 people, 18.79%)
- Furosemide (104 people, 17.93%)
- Simvastatin (75 people, 12.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Respiratory Failure while taking Metoprolol Tartrate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Respiratory Failure
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate
- support group for people who have Respiratory Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Levetiracetam, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril for a 75-year old man with Siezures, Hypertension. The patient has Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Hydroxide And Omeprazole And Sodium Bicarbonate, Xarelto, Furosemide, Ismotic, Metoprolol Tartrate, Ranexa for a 91-year old woman with Ulcers, Abnormal Heart Rhythms, High Blood Pressure, Angina. The patient has Difficulty Falling Asleep, Difficulty Breathing While Lying Down, Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Nexium, Midol, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Metoprolol Tartrate, Phentermine, Furosemide for a 32-year old woman with Sinusitis, Gerd, Abdominal Cramps, Potassium - Low, Hypertension, Obesity, Fluid Retention. The patient has Intussusception
- A study of drug interactions between Uloric, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 53-year old man with Gout, Hypertension. The patient has Loss Of Libido
- A study of drug interactions between Topiramate, Aggrenox, Donepezil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 88-year old woman with Headache, Stroke Risk, Dementia, Thyroid, Cholesterosis, Blood Pressure, High Blood Pressure.
Recent Metoprolol tartrate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.