Review: could Metoprolol tartrate cause Sinus bradycardia?
Summary: Sinus bradycardia is found among people who take Metoprolol tartrate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 38,552 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol tartrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 178 have Sinus bradycardia. Find out below who they are, when they have Sinus bradycardia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Sinus bradycardia >>>
Metoprolol tartrate has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 40,464 Metoprolol tartrate users)
Sinus bradycardia (an unusually slow heartbeat due to heart disease) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 5,784 Sinus bradycardia patients)
On Mar, 15, 2015: 38,552 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate. Among them, 178 people (0.46%) have Sinus Bradycardia.
Time on Metoprolol tartrate when people have Sinus bradycardia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sinus bradycardia||70.27%||5.41%||2.70%||5.41%||10.81%||2.70%||2.70% |
Gender of people who have Sinus bradycardia when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Sinus bradycardia||45.63%||54.37% |
Age of people who have Sinus bradycardia when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Sinus bradycardia||0.00%||0.00%||1.05%||0.53%||4.21%||4.21%||16.84%||73.16% |
Severity of Sinus bradycardia when taking Metoprolol tartrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sinus bradycardia||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sinus bradycardia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sinus bradycardia||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (39 people, 21.91%)
- Myocardial infarction (19 people, 10.67%)
- Atrial fibrillation (14 people, 7.87%)
- Depression (13 people, 7.30%)
- Multiple myeloma (8 people, 4.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (58 people, 32.58%)
- Lasix (42 people, 23.60%)
- Digoxin (32 people, 17.98%)
- Heparin (31 people, 17.42%)
- Lisinopril (30 people, 16.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of metoprolol tartrate and sinus bradycardia on
Do you have Sinus Bradycardia while taking Metoprolol Tartrate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Sinus Bradycardia
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate
- support group for people who have Sinus Bradycardia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vitamin D, Metoprolol Tartrate, Pantoprazole, Losartan, Pravastatin Sodium, Topiramate for a 45-year old woman with Back Pain, Health, High Blood Pressure, Stomach Acid, Total Cholesterol, Seizures. The patient has Vertigo-associated Disorders, Aural Fullness, Eye Twitch, Chills, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Fatigue, Lump In The Neck, Restlessness, Weakness, Body Numbness, Confusion, Pressure Sore, Ringing In The Ears, Dizzy
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a 66-year old man with Heart Disease. The patient has Diplopia (double vision)
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Heart Failure.
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 54-year old woman with Heart Failure, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Aging Changes In The Lungs
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Lamotrigine for a 46-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness
Recent Metoprolol tartrate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.