Review: could Metoprolol tartrate cause Sinus node dysfunction (Sick sinus syndrome)?
Summary: Sinus node dysfunction is found among people who take Metoprolol tartrate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Digoxin, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 38,565 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol tartrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 75 have Sinus node dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Sinus node dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Sinus node dysfunction >>>
Metoprolol tartrate has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 40,479 Metoprolol tartrate users)
Sinus node dysfunction
Sinus node dysfunction (a group of abnormal heart rhythms) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, diabetes, multiple myeloma, depression. (latest reports from 2,239 Sinus node dysfunction patients)
On Apr, 27, 2015: 38,565 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate. Among them, 75 people (0.19%) have Sinus Node Dysfunction.
Time on Metoprolol tartrate when people have Sinus node dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sinus node dysfunction||20.00%||10.00%||10.00%||0.00%||0.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sinus node dysfunction when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Sinus node dysfunction||27.27%||72.73% |
Age of people who have Sinus node dysfunction when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Sinus node dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.43%||4.29%||94.29% |
Severity of Sinus node dysfunction when taking Metoprolol tartrate ** :
How people recovered from Sinus node dysfunction ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (17 people, 22.67%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 10.67%)
- Multiple myeloma (4 people, 5.33%)
- Prophylaxis (4 people, 5.33%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (4 people, 5.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Digoxin (31 people, 41.33%)
- Aspirin (30 people, 40.00%)
- Warfarin sodium (20 people, 26.67%)
- Lasix (15 people, 20.00%)
- Norvasc (15 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sinus Node Dysfunction while taking Metoprolol Tartrate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Sinus Node Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate
- support group for people who have Sinus Node Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Levetiracetam, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril for a 75-year old man with Siezures, Hypertension. The patient has Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Hydroxide And Omeprazole And Sodium Bicarbonate, Xarelto, Furosemide, Ismotic, Metoprolol Tartrate, Ranexa for a 91-year old woman with Ulcers, Abnormal Heart Rhythms, High Blood Pressure, Angina. The patient has Difficulty Falling Asleep, Difficulty Breathing While Lying Down, Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Nexium, Midol, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Metoprolol Tartrate, Phentermine, Furosemide for a 32-year old woman with Sinusitis, Gerd, Abdominal Cramps, Potassium - Low, Hypertension, Obesity, Fluid Retention. The patient has Intussusception
- A study of drug interactions between Uloric, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 53-year old man with Gout, Hypertension. The patient has Loss Of Libido
- A study of drug interactions between Topiramate, Aggrenox, Donepezil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 88-year old woman with Headache, Stroke Risk, Dementia, Thyroid, Cholesterosis, Blood Pressure, High Blood Pressure.
Recent Metoprolol tartrate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.