Home > Metoprolol tartrate > Sinus node dysfunction > Metoprolol tartrate and Sinus node dysfunction
Review: could Metoprolol tartrate cause Sinus node dysfunction (Sick sinus syndrome)?
Summary: Sinus node dysfunction is found among people who take Metoprolol tartrate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Digoxin, and have Atrial fibrillation.
We study 38,494 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol tartrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 75 have Sinus node dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Sinus node dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Sinus node dysfunction >>>
Metoprolol tartrate (latest outcomes from 40,402 users) has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Sinus node dysfunction
Sinus node dysfunction (a group of abnormal heart rhythms) (latest reports from 17,410 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, diabetes, multiple myeloma, type 2 diabetes.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 38,490 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate. Among them, 75 people (0.19%) have Sinus Node Dysfunction.
Time on Metoprolol tartrate when people have Sinus node dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sinus node dysfunction||20.00%||10.00%||10.00%||0.00%||0.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sinus node dysfunction when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Sinus node dysfunction||27.27%||72.73% |
Age of people who have Sinus node dysfunction when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Sinus node dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.43%||4.29%||94.29% |
Severity of Sinus node dysfunction when taking Metoprolol tartrate ** :
How people recovered from Sinus node dysfunction ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (17 people, 22.67%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 10.67%)
- Multiple myeloma (4 people, 5.33%)
- Prophylaxis (4 people, 5.33%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (4 people, 5.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Digoxin (31 people, 41.33%)
- Aspirin (30 people, 40.00%)
- Warfarin sodium (20 people, 26.67%)
- Lasix (15 people, 20.00%)
- Norvasc (15 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sinus Node Dysfunction while taking Metoprolol Tartrate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Sinus Node Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate
- support group for people who have Sinus Node Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Heart Attack With Stents, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Protonix, Plavix)
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appre ...
- Laryngitis from depression?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Diabetic, Heart Attack, Hardly Any Voice For 8wks. Long History Of Depression. , and takes Lipitor, Metformin, Insulin, Prozac)
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- Can stopping coumadin cause the heart rate to increase?
(Asked by a 96 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Paxil, Lasix, Pravastatin Sodium, Aspirin, Metoprolol Tartrate)
After stoppage of coumadin, the patient was started on Eliquis and after administration of one dose, the heart rate increased from the 70's to 120 plus. Could the increased heart rate be caused by the stoppage of coumadin?
- What drug can be substitute for metoprolol with psoriasis
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Psoriasis, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate)
My psoriasis got worse after being started on metoprolol in 2005. What drug can be substituted for metoprolol. My other medications for hypertension are losartan, chlorthalisone, nifedipine.
- Does plavix hoarseness lessen or recede?
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Cozaar, Aspirin, Plavix)
I started taking Plavix prior to a stent placement one week ago. After two or three days I developed a hoarseness and voice interference.
More questions for: Metoprolol tartrate, Sinus node dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pacemaker experience
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Heart Rate Decreased, Sick Sinus Syndrome, and takes Suboxone)
I had a pacemaker installed about 5 weeks ago. I went to the doctors because I was feeling fatigue, shortness of breath, I felt as if someone was holding my heart in their hand and I had some confusion and dizziness.
To get to the point, after my first visit with my PCP I decided to go directly ...
- Metoprolol tartate* bad side effects
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has SVT, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate)
This drug caused me to gain 25 pounds, it caused depression, exhaustion, vivid dreams, joint pain, personality changes, I walk/jog frequently and could no longer jog at all. At one point I had vision problems, things would "jump" so badly that I couldn't drive (I am not sure what that was, they sai ...
- Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Idiopathic Cardiomyopathy, Pulmonary Embolisms, Transient Ischemic Attacks, and takes Lisinopril, Carvedilol, Warfarin Sodium, Metoprolol Tartrate)
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect.
- Ear popping and swishing
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Heart Disease Congenital, Tinnitus, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Aspirin, Chlorpheniramine Maleate)
I had been taking blood thinners and 81 mgs. aspirin for about a year after heart surgery. I then stopped taking the blood thinner and my cardiologist recommended and adult aspirin (325mgs.)
a few days later I started to experience a popping and swishing in my ears along with waves of dizziness. Th ...
More reviews for: Metoprolol tartrate, Sinus node dysfunction
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Bladder Spasm
Comments: I started Metoprol 4 days ago and have had increasing bladder spasms. I have a history of bladder spasm, hep C, and kidney stones.
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Heart Attack. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: What can be used as a substitute for this drug. What can be taken to make the hair stop from falling out?
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Tachycardia Paroxysmal. The patient has
Comments: Can i use Saccharomyces boulardii with metoprolol?
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Platelet Count. The patient has Low Platelet Count (decrease of platelets in blood)
Comments: Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet count was 80 and they have been up and down ever since. Any where from 10 to 149.
- A study of drug interactions between Pentazocine Injection, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Losartan, Aspirin, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Metoprolol Tartrate, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Motor Dysfunction, Pain, Swelling Of A Joint, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Heart Block Congenital, Anxiety Disorder, Thyroid Mass, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain In Right Arm, Pain Exacerbated, Nausea, Hypothyroidic Goitre, Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Decreased Appetite, Blood Test Abnormal, Heartbeat Sensations, Low Blood Pressure, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness, Back Pain - Low, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Headache - Migraine With Aura
Comments: Thyroid blood work 639 now on synthetic thyroid medication but blood pressure is dropping lower as time is passing. I have severe headaches and migraines. My lower right back is hurting bad. Hydrocodone edges not even help the pain. They saw my thyroid enlarged in cat scan . I am going for a son ...
More related studies for: Metoprolol tartrate, Sinus node dysfunction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Muscle Fasciculation and Prevacid
- Urticaria and Ibuprofen
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (8 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (11 hours ago)
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (21 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Coumadin for a 26-year old woman who has Blood Clots (37 minutes ago)
- Prevacid, Fluoxetine, Aspirin, Evista, Carvedilol for a 80-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Depression, Heart Rate Increased, Osteopetrosis, Blood Pressure Increased (39 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zoloft, Coumadin for a 26-year old woman who has Migraine, Depression, Blood Clots (41 minutes ago)