Review: could Metoprolol tartrate cause Skin burning sensation?
Summary: Skin burning sensation is found among people who take Metoprolol tartrate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 38,565 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol tartrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 144 have Skin burning sensation. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin burning sensation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Skin burning sensation >>>
Metoprolol tartrate has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 40,479 Metoprolol tartrate users)
Skin burning sensation
Skin burning sensation has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, high blood pressure, low density lipoprotein increased, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 6,050 Skin burning sensation patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 38,552 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate. Among them, 144 people (0.37%) have Skin Burning Sensation.
Time on Metoprolol tartrate when people have Skin burning sensation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin burning sensation||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Skin burning sensation when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Skin burning sensation||46.58%||53.42% |
Age of people who have Skin burning sensation when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Skin burning sensation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.89%||13.16%||21.05%||57.89% |
Severity of Skin burning sensation when taking Metoprolol tartrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin burning sensation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Skin burning sensation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin burning sensation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (24 people, 16.67%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (22 people, 15.28%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (14 people, 9.72%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (13 people, 9.03%)
- Low density lipoprotein increased (8 people, 5.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (67 people, 46.53%)
- Niaspan (59 people, 40.97%)
- Simcor (30 people, 20.83%)
- Lisinopril (27 people, 18.75%)
- Plavix (22 people, 15.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of metoprolol tartrate and skin burning sensation on
Do you have Skin Burning Sensation while taking Metoprolol Tartrate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Skin Burning Sensation
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate
- support group for people who have Skin Burning Sensation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of METOPROLOL TARTRATE for a 78-year old woman with Beta Blockers Overdose. The patient has Pericardial Tamponade
- A study of drug interactions between Proventil-hfa, Symbicort, Metoprolol Tartrate, Ritalin, Effexor Xr, Mirtazapine, Clonazepam for a 43-year old woman with Acute Upper Airway Obstruction, High Blood Pressure, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with HBP.
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 65-year old woman with Panic Attack, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss, Abdominal Bloating, Ureteral Spasm, Pelvic Discomfort
Recent Metoprolol tartrate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.