Review: could Metoprolol tartrate cause Sleep aid (Insomnia)?
Summary: Sleep aid is found among people who take Metoprolol tartrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 38,565 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol tartrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 777 have Sleep aid. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleep aid and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Sleep aid >>>
Metoprolol tartrate has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 40,474 Metoprolol tartrate users)
Sleep aid (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 131,509 Sleep aid patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 38,565 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate. Among them, 777 people (2.01%) have Sleep Aid.
Time on Metoprolol tartrate when people have Sleep aid * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleep aid||12.96%||29.63%||18.52%||18.52%||12.96%||7.41%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sleep aid when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Sleep aid||51.90%||48.10% |
Age of people who have Sleep aid when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Sleep aid||0.15%||0.00%||0.00%||1.93%||4.61%||12.35%||28.57%||52.38% |
Severity of Sleep aid when taking Metoprolol tartrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sleep aid||8.00%||48.00%||36.00%||8.00% |
How people recovered from Sleep aid ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sleep aid||14.29%||0.00%||85.71% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (144 people, 18.53%)
- Insomnia (72 people, 9.27%)
- Pain (69 people, 8.88%)
- Multiple myeloma (67 people, 8.62%)
- Depression (60 people, 7.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (219 people, 28.19%)
- Lisinopril (169 people, 21.75%)
- Zometa (132 people, 16.99%)
- Simvastatin (129 people, 16.60%)
- Lipitor (105 people, 13.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleep Aid while taking Metoprolol Tartrate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Sleep Aid
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate
- support group for people who have Sleep Aid
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Aspirin, Fish Oil, Celexa, Enalapril Maleate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Adderall 30, Plavix, Imdur for a 71-year old man with Insomnia, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Adhd, Angina - Unstable. The patient has Irritability, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Teeth Brittle
- A study of side effects of Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 35-year old woman with Endometrioma. The patient has Withdrawal From Opioids, Bladder Discomfort, Vision Blurred, Vision - Light Sensitive, Insomnia, Dehydration, Decreased Appetite, Skin Burning Sensation, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Muscle Spasms
- A study of side effects of Actemra for a 50-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Insomnia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Fluid Retention, Sjogren's Syndrome, Scleroedema, Raynaud's Phenomenon, Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Trokendi Xr for a 16-year old girl with Migraine. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Baclofen, Gabapentin, Viibryd, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 33-year old woman with Supraventricular Tachycardia, Fibromyalgia, Depression. The patient has Pain, Blurred Vision, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Recent Metoprolol tartrate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.