Home > Metoprolol tartrate > Sleepiness - during the day > Metoprolol tartrate and Sleepiness - during the day
Review: could Metoprolol tartrate cause Sleepiness - during the day (Drowsiness)?
Summary: Sleepiness - during the day is found among people who take Metoprolol tartrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 38,494 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol tartrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 647 have Sleepiness - during the day. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleepiness - during the day and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Sleepiness - during the day >>>
Metoprolol tartrate (latest outcomes from 40,402 users) has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Sleepiness - during the day
Sleepiness - during the day (excess sleeping during day time) (latest reports from 494,636 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 38,490 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate. Among them, 647 people (1.68%) have Sleepiness - During The Day.
Time on Metoprolol tartrate when people have Sleepiness - during the day * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleepiness - during the day||58.33%||14.58%||10.42%||8.33%||6.25%||2.08%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sleepiness - during the day when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Sleepiness - during the day||53.03%||46.97% |
Age of people who have Sleepiness - during the day when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Sleepiness - during the day||0.00%||0.00%||1.01%||1.01%||3.19%||10.57%||21.98%||62.25% |
Severity of Sleepiness - during the day when taking Metoprolol tartrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sleepiness - during the day||0.00%||53.33%||33.33%||13.33% |
How people recovered from Sleepiness - during the day ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sleepiness - during the day||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (98 people, 15.15%)
- Diabetes mellitus (46 people, 7.11%)
- Depression (46 people, 7.11%)
- Thyroid disorder (40 people, 6.18%)
- Pain (40 people, 6.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (198 people, 30.60%)
- Lisinopril (100 people, 15.46%)
- Lasix (86 people, 13.29%)
- Simvastatin (81 people, 12.52%)
- Lipitor (79 people, 12.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleepiness - During The Day while taking Metoprolol Tartrate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Sleepiness - During The Day
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate
- support group for people who have Sleepiness - During The Day
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Heart Attack With Stents, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Protonix, Plavix)
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appre ...
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- Laryngitis from depression?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Diabetic, Heart Attack, Hardly Any Voice For 8wks. Long History Of Depression. , and takes Lipitor, Metformin, Insulin, Prozac)
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, Confusion, Sleepy, and takes Vicodin)
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Can stopping coumadin cause the heart rate to increase?
(Asked by a 96 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Paxil, Lasix, Pravastatin Sodium, Aspirin, Metoprolol Tartrate)
After stoppage of coumadin, the patient was started on Eliquis and after administration of one dose, the heart rate increased from the 70's to 120 plus. Could the increased heart rate be caused by the stoppage of coumadin?
More questions for: Metoprolol tartrate, Sleepiness - during the day
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Metoprolol tartate* bad side effects
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has SVT, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate)
This drug caused me to gain 25 pounds, it caused depression, exhaustion, vivid dreams, joint pain, personality changes, I walk/jog frequently and could no longer jog at all. At one point I had vision problems, things would "jump" so badly that I couldn't drive (I am not sure what that was, they sai ...
- Gabapentin made me comatose
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Somnolence, and takes Neurontin, Gabapentin)
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Unable To Walk Without Holding Onto Walls, Sleepy, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Disoriented)
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
- Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Idiopathic Cardiomyopathy, Pulmonary Embolisms, Transient Ischemic Attacks, and takes Lisinopril, Carvedilol, Warfarin Sodium, Metoprolol Tartrate)
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect.
- Ear popping and swishing
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Heart Disease Congenital, Tinnitus, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Aspirin, Chlorpheniramine Maleate)
I had been taking blood thinners and 81 mgs. aspirin for about a year after heart surgery. I then stopped taking the blood thinner and my cardiologist recommended and adult aspirin (325mgs.)
a few days later I started to experience a popping and swishing in my ears along with waves of dizziness. Th ...
More reviews for: Metoprolol tartrate, Sleepiness - during the day
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Bladder Spasm
Comments: I started Metoprol 4 days ago and have had increasing bladder spasms. I have a history of bladder spasm, hep C, and kidney stones.
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Heart Attack. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: What can be used as a substitute for this drug. What can be taken to make the hair stop from falling out?
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Tachycardia Paroxysmal. The patient has
Comments: Can i use Saccharomyces boulardii with metoprolol?
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Platelet Count. The patient has Low Platelet Count (decrease of platelets in blood)
Comments: Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet count was 80 and they have been up and down ever since. Any where from 10 to 149.
- A study of drug interactions between Pentazocine Injection, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Losartan, Aspirin, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Metoprolol Tartrate, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Motor Dysfunction, Pain, Swelling Of A Joint, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Heart Block Congenital, Anxiety Disorder, Thyroid Mass, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain In Right Arm, Pain Exacerbated, Nausea, Hypothyroidic Goitre, Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Decreased Appetite, Blood Test Abnormal, Heartbeat Sensations, Low Blood Pressure, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness, Back Pain - Low, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Headache - Migraine With Aura
Comments: Thyroid blood work 639 now on synthetic thyroid medication but blood pressure is dropping lower as time is passing. I have severe headaches and migraines. My lower right back is hurting bad. Hydrocodone edges not even help the pain. They saw my thyroid enlarged in cat scan . I am going for a son ...
More related studies for: Metoprolol tartrate, Sleepiness - during the day
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.