Review: could Metoprolol tartrate cause Stomach pain (Abdominal pain)?
Summary: Stomach pain is found among people who take Metoprolol tartrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 38,510 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol tartrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 828 have Stomach pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Stomach pain >>>
Metoprolol tartrate has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (view latest outcomes from 40,412 users)
Stomach Pain has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, pain, depression.(view latest reports from 76,969 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 38,494 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate. Among them, 828 people (2.15%) have Stomach Pain.
Time on Metoprolol tartrate when people have Stomach pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach pain||24.14%||24.14%||3.45%||13.79%||31.03%||3.45%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stomach pain when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Stomach pain||54.20%||45.80% |
Age of people who have Stomach pain when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Stomach pain||0.13%||0.00%||0.53%||3.07%||5.48%||11.36%||25.80%||53.61% |
Severity of Stomach pain when taking Metoprolol tartrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||35.71%||57.14%||7.14% |
How people recovered from Stomach pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (107 people, 12.92%)
- Pain (61 people, 7.37%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (43 people, 5.19%)
- Atrial fibrillation (39 people, 4.71%)
- Multiple myeloma (38 people, 4.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (286 people, 34.54%)
- Lisinopril (186 people, 22.46%)
- Lasix (122 people, 14.73%)
- Omeprazole (115 people, 13.89%)
- Furosemide (107 people, 12.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Pain while taking Metoprolol Tartrate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Stomach Pain
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate
- support group for people who have Stomach Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Metoprolol tartrate, Stomach pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Metoprolol tartate* bad side effects
This drug caused me to gain 25 pounds, it caused depression, exhaustion, vivid dreams, joint pain, personality changes, I walk/jog frequently and could no longer jog at all. At one point I had vision problems, things would "jump" so badly that I couldn't drive (I am not sure what that was, they said whatever it was it was not my eyes. Confusion, memory problems. I think my infrequent SVTs were made worse. It made my life a living hell. My children finally said that if I didn't do something they would! I found a new Dr. and I was taken off of it and a review of all my original cardiac tests came back totally normal and I didn't need it anyway. And the only way I would ever take this medicine is if it were a last resort. There are other drugs that would have worked that have a lot less side effects. A cardiac nurse told me that Metoprolol is one of the worst for side effects. My husband has serious heart issues and was put on this med..I have noticed a lot of the same changes in him and I will work to have them change his medication also.
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so paragard was the only BC choice for me it caused me alot of bleeding issues I went 3monyhs on one straight period. So my Dr put me on norethindrone acet. To stop periods all together which caused all of my issues above to subside, apparently my hormones where the cause of my issues. I love the paragard an norethindrone combination!!!!
- Poisened by fenofibrate
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptoms mostly went away except for the dizziness which would only happen if I bent over. By July it was hard to look at food at all. This went on for an entire year, every day. The VA, which was taking care of me, diagnosed me with a bad gall bladder. It was finally taken out in Sept. Unfortunately it did me no good.
On March 20, 2014, I took myself off this medication. Five days later the symptoms started to lift.
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this way before.
- Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect.
Carvedilol caused renal failure, edema, coughing, panic-inducing painful allergic skin rashes, necrosis, healing took weeks where it had taken a day or less. Unable to walk up or odnw stairs unaided. Fell a lot Vision blurred, especially at night and when seeking perspective : driving.
Warfarin made me feel like my body was made up of burdens foreign matter. Contraindicated diet was a blow to my post-domestic-violence, with sexual assaults, fragile ego, and capped the hopelessness triune of impacts.
Metoprolol has caused awful heartburn since the first dose, with bloating and gas. Heartburn begins 12hrs after eating, very late at night. It keeps me from most activities. Very painful. Digestive upset I thought was from IV radiation / imaging seems to be metoprolol's doing.
More reviews for: Metoprolol tartrate, Stomach pain
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- For approximately the last six months I've been getting a sporadic sharp pain in my lower left abdomen. However, the past two weeks I haven't been taking the vitamins I usually take, but started taking them again yesterday. Today I've been in pain which I haven't had for the past two weeks. L-Carn ...
- There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
More related studies for: Metoprolol tartrate, Stomach pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.