Review: could Metoprolol tartrate cause Ventricular tachycardia?
Summary: Ventricular tachycardia is found among people who take Metoprolol tartrate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 38,565 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol tartrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 286 have Ventricular tachycardia. Find out below who they are, when they have Ventricular tachycardia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Ventricular tachycardia >>>
Metoprolol tartrate has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 40,479 Metoprolol tartrate users)
Ventricular tachycardia (rapid heartbeat that originates in one of the lower chambers (the ventricles) of the heart) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, diabetes, pain, arthritis. (latest reports from 13,158 Ventricular tachycardia patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 38,552 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate. Among them, 286 people (0.74%) have Ventricular Tachycardia.
Time on Metoprolol tartrate when people have Ventricular tachycardia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ventricular tachycardia||30.00%||10.00%||10.00%||30.00%||0.00%||10.00%||10.00% |
Gender of people who have Ventricular tachycardia when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Ventricular tachycardia||41.04%||58.96% |
Age of people who have Ventricular tachycardia when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
|Ventricular tachycardia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.15%||5.51%||7.72%||16.18%||65.44% |
Severity of Ventricular tachycardia when taking Metoprolol tartrate ** :
How people recovered from Ventricular tachycardia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (38 people, 13.29%)
- Atrial fibrillation (30 people, 10.49%)
- Depression (14 people, 4.90%)
- Ventricular tachycardia (14 people, 4.90%)
- Multiple myeloma (13 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (101 people, 35.31%)
- Digoxin (67 people, 23.43%)
- Lasix (65 people, 22.73%)
- Furosemide (52 people, 18.18%)
- Lisinopril (41 people, 14.34%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of metoprolol tartrate and ventricular tachycardia on
Do you have Ventricular Tachycardia while taking Metoprolol Tartrate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Ventricular Tachycardia
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate
- support group for people who have Ventricular Tachycardia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 65-year old woman with Panic Attack, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss, Abdominal Bloating, Ureteral Spasm, Pelvic Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of drug interactions between Aricept, Lamictal, Desipramine Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Abilify, Lopressor for a 55-year old man with Alzheimers, Anticonvulsant Drug Level Below Therapeutic, Chronic Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Dizziness (excl Vertigo)
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril, HCTZ, Atorvastatin Calcium, Gabapentin, Effient, Pregabalin, Novolin R, Lantrisul, Isosorbide Mononitrate for a 61-year old woman with Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Diuretic Effect, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Neuropathy, Heart Mri, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Diabetes, Heart Rate Decreased. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a 64-year old woman with Arrhythmia. The patient has Weight Gain
Recent Metoprolol tartrate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.