Home > Metoprolol tartrate > Vertigo > Metoprolol tartrate and Vertigo
Review: could Metoprolol tartrate cause Vertigo (Dizziness)?
Summary: Vertigo is found among people who take Metoprolol tartrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 38,494 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol tartrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,099 have Vertigo. Find out below who they are, when they have Vertigo and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Vertigo >>>
Metoprolol tartrate (latest outcomes from 40,402 users) has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Vertigo (latest reports from 1,294,614 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 38,494 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate. Among them, 2,099 people (5.45%) have Vertigo.
Time on Metoprolol tartrate when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Vertigo when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Metoprolol tartrate * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Metoprolol tartrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (429 people, 20.44%)
- Atrial fibrillation (173 people, 8.24%)
- Diabetes mellitus (110 people, 5.24%)
- Depression (103 people, 4.91%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (97 people, 4.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (687 people, 32.73%)
- Lisinopril (425 people, 20.25%)
- Simvastatin (303 people, 14.44%)
- Furosemide (285 people, 13.58%)
- Digoxin (270 people, 12.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vertigo while taking Metoprolol Tartrate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate and have Vertigo
- support group for people who take Metoprolol tartrate
- support group for people who have Vertigo
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can urinary retention cause severe dizziness and lightheartedness?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Nausea, Urinary Retention, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Eczema, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS))
I had a kidney infection for 1.5 months diagnosed in August this year it took 2 lots of antibiotics to kick it but now I am left with SEVERE urinary retention I had a cystoscopy which only lasted for 24 hours it was done when I was awake so I think that it wasn't very affective by the next morning I ...
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Heart Attack With Stents, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Protonix, Plavix)
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appre ...
- 3-4 losartan can harm you
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Dizziness, and takes Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide)
If you ever took more than 4 pill of Losartan ,can this harm you in a way causing death
- Is it safe to take viagra with vestibular problem
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Dizziness, and takes Viagra)
Lost my hearing and developed vestibular disorder after benign tumor radio surgery. Just wondering whether is safe to take viagra.
- Laryngitis from depression?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Diabetic, Heart Attack, Hardly Any Voice For 8wks. Long History Of Depression. , and takes Lipitor, Metformin, Insulin, Prozac)
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
More questions for: Metoprolol tartrate, Vertigo
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Metoprolol tartate* bad side effects
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has SVT, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate)
This drug caused me to gain 25 pounds, it caused depression, exhaustion, vivid dreams, joint pain, personality changes, I walk/jog frequently and could no longer jog at all. At one point I had vision problems, things would "jump" so badly that I couldn't drive (I am not sure what that was, they sai ...
- Mucinex dm and advil congetstion
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Blurred Vision, Fatigue, Dizziness)
I noticed another female with simlar age and side effects; and a third female who in addition was under active thyroid. I have taken both drugs independently and had no problem with them. I am prone to low blood pressure & dizziness due to the thyroid problem
- The fear that follows an attack of vertigo
(Posted by a 73 year old woman who has Vertigo)
I awoke one morning and it appeared my furniture was moving in the room. Everything was spinning. I have a ringing in my left ear. Went to an ENT who threw my condition into the catch 22 pile and said I had Meniere Disease. I would not accept that after I researched the horrible ailment. I soug ...
- Still ill after several years
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Unable To Walk Without Holding Onto Walls, Sleepy, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Disoriented)
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
More reviews for: Metoprolol tartrate, Vertigo
- A study of side effects of Voltaren for a patient with Tenosynovitis. The patient has Headache (pain in head), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Lethargy (tiredness), Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth), Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness)
Comments: Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Lexapro for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Pressure Sore, Lightheadedness - Dizzy
Comments: Ive been dizzy and lightheaded for 2 days . It moves from the back of my head to the front. I feel alot of pressure. I take a .5 mg of lexapro at noon daily. I split .25 xanax in half and take half in the morning and half at night before bed to help me sleep.
the symptoms get worse whenIm at work, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Concerta for a patient with Depression, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Dizziness, Loss Of Appetite
Comments: I wouldn't mind losing a couple pounds, but I don't freakishly obsess over it. After I started taking the concerta in Aug. I started losing my appetite, and now when I try to eat after taking my pills in the morning, I feel sick and food just doesn't look appetizing any more.
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with PTSD. The patient has Vertigo Aggravated
Comments: If dose missed one day or two... got extreme dizziness and vertigo to the point of going nuts over it. Decided to get off Zoloft and weaned myself over a 3 week period after which I stopped taking. Continued dizziness and vertigo for next 2 months. Now severity abating. I am not a drug addict (good ...
- A study of drug interactions between Pentazocine Injection, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Losartan, Aspirin, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Metoprolol Tartrate, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Motor Dysfunction, Pain, Swelling Of A Joint, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Heart Block Congenital, Anxiety Disorder, Thyroid Mass, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain In Right Arm, Pain Exacerbated, Nausea, Hypothyroidic Goitre, Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Decreased Appetite, Blood Test Abnormal, Heartbeat Sensations, Low Blood Pressure, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness, Back Pain - Low, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Headache - Migraine With Aura
Comments: Thyroid blood work 639 now on synthetic thyroid medication but blood pressure is dropping lower as time is passing. I have severe headaches and migraines. My lower right back is hurting bad. Hydrocodone edges not even help the pain. They saw my thyroid enlarged in cat scan . I am going for a son ...
More related studies for: Metoprolol tartrate, Vertigo
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.