Metoprolol tartrate and Water retention - from FDA reports
Water retention is found among people who take Metoprolol tartrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Water retention with Metoprolol tartrate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 47,725 people who have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
47,725 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate.
Among them, 213 people (0.45%) have Water retention
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Metoprolol tartrate when people have Water retention *:
- < 1 month: 25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 25 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Water retention when taking Metoprolol tartrate *:
- female: 57.56 %
- male: 42.44 %
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Metoprolol tartrate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 1.14 %
- 40-49: 2.29 %
- 50-59: 18.29 %
- 60+: 78.29 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (21 people, 9.86%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (16 people, 7.51%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (16 people, 7.51%)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (14 people, 6.57%)
- Diabetes (12 people, 5.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (48 people, 22.54%)
- Furosemide (37 people, 17.37%)
- Aspirin (32 people, 15.02%)
- Lipitor (25 people, 11.74%)
- Plavix (24 people, 11.27%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (53 people, 24.88%)
- Oedema Peripheral (48 people, 22.54%)
- Fatigue (43 people, 20.19%)
- Weight Increased (40 people, 18.78%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (29 people, 13.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Water retention when taking Metoprolol tartrate?
- Check symptoms - is water retention caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsWater retention and drugs with ingredients of metoprolol tartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWater retention and Metoprolol tartrate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Metoprolol tartrate has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Metoprolol tartrate 51,746 users)
Water retention has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 39,871 Water retention patients).
Browse all side effects of Metoprolol tartratea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Water retentionWater retention
Could your condition cause Water retentionWater retention
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Reaching out for support for individuals with same symptoms as myself...Since increasing Metoprolol I have started having ringing in the ears. And now I am experiencing optic eye pressure. According to research, if I can lose about 20-30 lbs and de-stress I may be able to reduce or do away ...
User reviews to the study
Trying to find help. I have been recently getting worse outbreaks of rapid heart beat for no apparent reason. Went to the ER 2 days ago didn't think think I would make it there because it was so extreme. I have been on this drug for years but wondering if this is a side effect I didn't know ...
Hi have been on Metaloprol for about 20 years for hypertension. I have also suffered with facial swelling, lips, tongue, tinnitus cronic an feeling of anxiety. My symptoms were diagnised by an immunologist as Salicylate intolerance. My tolerance is very low. I started to query Histamine ...
Hi! I've been taking Diltiazem for 2 weeks now and noticed some swelling in my ankles and feet. Should I be concerned? It's Friday and to late to call my Dr. And want to make sure I'll be ok till Monday. Thanks!