Review: could Metronidazole cause Athlete's foot?
Summary: Athlete's foot is reported only by a few people who take Metronidazole.
We study 13,061 people who have side effects while taking Metronidazole from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Athlete's foot and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Metronidazole and have Athlete's foot >>>
Metronidazole has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. (latest outcomes from Metronidazole 13,917 users)
Athlete's foot (a fungal infection affecting the skin between the toes) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Athlete's foot 1,348 patients)
On Dec, 16, 2014: 13,061 people reported to have side effects when taking Metronidazole. Among them, 1 people (0.01%) has Athlete's Foot.
Time on Metronidazole when people have Athlete's foot * :
Age of people who have Athlete's foot when taking Metronidazole * :
|Athlete's foot||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Athlete's foot when taking Metronidazole ** :
How people recovered from Athlete's foot ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Revlimid (1 people, 100.00%)
- Timentin (1 people, 100.00%)
- Lidoderm (1 people, 100.00%)
- Famciclovir (1 people, 100.00%)
- Cedax (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Athlete's Foot while taking Metronidazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metronidazole and have Athlete's Foot
- support group for people who take Metronidazole
- support group for people who have Athlete's Foot
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Looking for other testimonies who have had more severe side effects than those listed from taking metronidazole & alcohol?
(Asked by a 30 year old man who has Nausea, Vomiting, Out Of Head As If Totally Drunk, and takes Metronidazole)
Had 4 beers over 4 hour period on last day of taking Metronidazole. Was vomiting & basically acting totally out of character as in wild & argumentative - similar to being bad drunk. Went to sleep & woke up with basically no memory of what happened.
- I have pouchitis.is there any cure for it.antibiotics do not help.is there any chance that imuran will help or something else?help please! (1 answer)
(Asked by a 23 year old man who has Frequent Bowel Movements, Bloody Diarrhea, Paina, Grumbling Intestines, Lose Weight, and takes Ciprofloxacin, Imuran, Metronidazole)
Since I was 16 years old I strugle with Ulcerative Colitis.Year and a half ago my colon was removed.So, now I have J-pouch and it seems that colon removement caused severe pouchitis.When I use antibiotics it seems that everything is good,but when i stop using them ,everything gets even worse.
I tried low dose of corticosteroides,colifoam but nothing seems to be working,so I am desperate.
Now for a two and a half months I have been using Imuran(Azathioprine).Can you tell is it going to help me, or should I try something else.
Please!Can somebody help me?
Thank you in advance.
- Is anyone here being treated for h pylori? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Helicobacter Pylori, Extreme Weight Loss, Heartburn, Flucuating Appetite, Ainexty, Phobias, Depression, and takes Metronidazole, Clarithromycin, Hydroxyzine, Lansoprazole)
Diagnosed with H-pylori and am challenged with pharmophobia (which is a phobia for taking any kind of medication in any form)also anxiety, and agoraphobia which extends to too many things such as driving, going out alone, chocolate, cherries and the list goes on. Can anyone tell me if they are or has taken these medicines together and what was the out come? Side affects, how long it took to get better, and if the weight came back after treatment. I have gone from 156 pds to 140 and it gets lower some days. haven't taken the meds yet and am seeing a counselor to help get me to that point.
- I used metrogel and now i have severe incontinence. i'm also on ant-depressants. please help
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Incontinence, and takes Metrogel-vaginal)
I went for a routine check up to my gynae and she noticed an inflammation or something and prescribed Metrogel. I followed the rules for hygiene and administered the gel. After the 5th day I developed this feeling of incontinence(urgently wanting to badly pee but just a few drops come out) I spoke to my gynae about it and she said I must use citrosoda. I tried Interflora probiotic and yoghurt and overnight it seemed to be okay. Its two days and although its a little better it means that I can't be out of the house because I have to run urgently to the toilet all the time.
- I am on the nexplanon since january the last two weeks i feel fluttering like my last two pregnancy... could i be pregnant ..if not what is it
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Blood Pressure Occasionally., and takes Valtrex, Clonazepam, Metronidazole)
I am feeling fluttering in my lower abdomen like the same butterfly feeling when I was pregnant with my two boys. Some morning I wake up nauseous but for the moat part there are no other side effects..
More questions for: Metronidazole, Athlete's foot
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Tingling feet and hands
(Posted by a 28 year old woman who has Tingling And Numbness, Tingling And Numbness In Feet, and takes Flagyl)
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of this medication my feet and hands have became so tingly and itchy That its becoming unbearable.
- Flagl helped my depression
(Posted by a 72 year old man who has Depression - Chronic, and takes Flagyl)
After taking Flagl for two weeks (Two per day) My depression vanished. It is now three months since I had a depression episode. Thank God for the doctor who prescribed it he saved my life. Thank you Flagl
- Too much sleep/sleeping past 12+ hours
(Posted by a 22 year old woman who has Too Much Sleep, and takes Flagyl)
Caused me to sleep and to the point where I slept 12+ hours and still didn't want to wake up
- Stevens johnson syndrome- flagyl for h.pylori (1 response)
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Stevens-johnson Syndrome, and takes Flagyl)
Diagnosed with h.pylori with positive blood work and breath-test.
Started 7 day course of Amoxycillin and Flagyl .
On day 7, developed symptoms- large red 2inch hives on legs, extreme frontal headache , pressure behind eyes, pink eye, pain in eyes, sore throat, very slight fever and body ache. Last dose of Flagyl and Amoxycillin was not taken. Symptoms disappeared after 48 hours.
Abdominal pain returned after month.
Started 2nd treatment to eradicate h.pylori. After 3rd dose of Tetracyline and Flagyl, developed same Stevens Johnsons symptoms --large hives, low grade fever, eye pain and redness, extreme headache, pressure behind eyes, sore throat and feeling of impending doom. Stopped taking antibiotics, symptoms disappeared in 48 hours.
Evaluation- I am extremely allergic to Flagyl. I required allergy testing to determine which antibiotics I can safely take in the future.
More reviews for: Metronidazole, Athlete's foot
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- *I have noticed breakage of hair.Trying to use coconut and olive oil for hair.Not used on scalp.
*I first noticed thinning after using selenium face wash.I was told I could use it on my scalp. But I looked online and saw that it could cause hairloss. I quit using it after a few tries on my face ...
- I was a smoker of marijuana and cigarettes for almost 8 years.. Sometimes I have blood in my stools, red blood traces in stools, a need to always have a bowel movement, cramps in my left side abdomen, bean like coffee beans in my stools,bad breath.. The doctor did a colonoscopy and found proctitis l ...
- After using the metronidazole gel for a week, I noticed I developed chelitis on my lips. I also noticed I had some acne breakouts and now I have something on my waistline that itches and hurts. I am afraid it is either herpes or shingles. not sure. during the BV I had a herpes break out on my bu ...
- I am type 2 diabetic on novomix 30 58ml morning before breakast and before dinner in the evening have had surgery to remove teeth and implants being given metronidazole 400mg 3 times a day plus amoxicillin 500mg 3 times a day blood sugar level this morning was 8.9 but has risen to 25.9 this evening ...
- Used for the first time 1 clotrimazole pessary, clotrimazole 1% external cream, metronidazole tablets. Within an hour cystitis pains had set in, blood present in urine, frequent urination. Symptoms subsided after 7 hours. Continued use of tablets and did not remove pessary and was fine. Used cream a ...
More related studies for: Metronidazole, Athlete's foot
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.