Home > Metronidazole > Benign enlargement of the prostate > Metronidazole and Benign enlargement of the prostate
Review: could Metronidazole cause Benign enlargement of the prostate (Enlarged Prostate)?
We study 13,054 people who have side effects while taking Metronidazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Benign enlargement of the prostate. Find out below who they are, when they have Benign enlargement of the prostate and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Metronidazole and have Benign enlargement of the prostate >>>
Metronidazole (latest outcomes from 13,905 users) has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial.
Benign enlargement of the prostate
Benign enlargement of the prostate (latest reports from 41,940 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, enlarged prostate, osteoporosis, arthritis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 13,054 people reported to have side effects when taking Metronidazole. Among them, 14 people (0.11%) have Benign Enlargement Of The Prostate.
Time on Metronidazole when people have Benign enlargement of the prostate * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Benign enlargement of the prostate||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Benign enlargement of the prostate when taking Metronidazole * :
|Benign enlargement of the prostate||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.88%||76.47%||17.65% |
Severity of Benign enlargement of the prostate when taking Metronidazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Benign enlargement of the prostate||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Benign enlargement of the prostate ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (13 people, 92.86%)
- Pain (10 people, 71.43%)
- Prophylaxis (10 people, 71.43%)
- Diarrhea (1 people, 7.14%)
- Headache - cluster (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levaquin (14 people, 100.00%)
- Pepcid (14 people, 100.00%)
- Vicodin (14 people, 100.00%)
- Prednisone (14 people, 100.00%)
- Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen (14 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Benign Enlargement Of The Prostate while taking Metronidazole?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metronidazole and have Benign Enlargement Of The Prostate
- support group for people who take Metronidazole
- support group for people who have Benign Enlargement Of The Prostate
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Looking for other testimonies who have had more severe side effects than those listed from taking metronidazole & alcohol?
Had 4 beers over 4 hour period on last day of taking Metronidazole. Was vomiting & basically acting totally out of character as in wild & argumentative - similar to being bad drunk. Went to sleep & woke up with basically no memory of what happened.
- Can hydrochlorizide cause bhp symptoms in 70 year old male
After suffering with bph(getting up 3 0r 4 times a night to urinate) having undergone a prostrate biopsy, my doctor took me off hydrochlorizide.
Soon after, my bph symptoms went away.
I take a 325 mg aspirin every day and have hypertension.
- Has anyone experienced transient global amnesia from taking avodart?
Began Avodart for enlarged prostate and having difficulty urinating....3 nights later had transient global amnesia, lasting about 4 hours. Doctor does not think Avodart triggered the amnesia Has anyone had similar experience?
I am hesitant about going back on the Avodart but need to address the p ...
- I have pouchitis.is there any cure for it.antibiotics do not help.is there any chance that imuran will help or something else?help please!
Since I was 16 years old I strugle with Ulcerative Colitis.Year and a half ago my colon was removed.So, now I have J-pouch and it seems that colon removement caused severe pouchitis.When I use antibiotics it seems that everything is good,but when i stop using them ,everything gets even worse.
- Is there a link between zyprexa and prostate cancer
Can Zyprexa have caused my Prostate Cancer? Can it be reversed or slowed by stopping Zyprexa?
- Does generic cialis effect kidneys, prostate, or persons with cholesterol
I worry that I may be further damaging my health. Taking generic cialis helps me retain interest, and it adds size to my flacid penis when at nudist beach, and therefore gives me more self confidence.
I also read bad stuff about atarax.
- Is taking rythmol and cialis dangerous
Are there contraindications or dangers in adding cialis to the other 4 medications
- Is anyone here being treated for h pylori?
Diagnosed with H-pylori and am challenged with pharmophobia (which is a phobia for taking any kind of medication in any form)also anxiety, and agoraphobia which extends to too many things such as driving, going out alone, chocolate, cherries and the list goes on. Can anyone tell me if they are or ha ...
- I used metrogel and now i have severe incontinence. i'm also on ant-depressants. please help
I went for a routine check up to my gynae and she noticed an inflammation or something and prescribed Metrogel. I followed the rules for hygiene and administered the gel. After the 5th day I developed this feeling of incontinence(urgently wanting to badly pee but just a few drops come out) I spoke t ...
- I am on the nexplanon since january the last two weeks i feel fluttering like my last two pregnancy... could i be pregnant ..if not what is it
I am feeling fluttering in my lower abdomen like the same butterfly feeling when I was pregnant with my two boys. Some morning I wake up nauseous but for the moat part there are no other side effects..
More questions for: Metronidazole, Benign enlargement of the prostate
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Singulair to the rescue
Antihistamines , even in small amounts, cause my prostate to swell immensely. Several months ago my allergies reached the point I had to take something. I had a physician's sample of 10 mg Singulair, so I took one. To my amazement, I got quick relief from extreme allergies, but my prostate SHRUNK ...
- Enlarged prostate psa dropped from 4.0 to 3.0
My PSA dropped from 4.0 to 3.0 after 1) reducing my intake of bread and bread products. 2) taking ginger root in the form of crystalized ginger 3) making my own bread. The flour i used was from fresh ground wheat berries.
- Effects of eliminating folic acid
After my doctor recommended I be treated for an enlarged prostate I began to cut out all bread & cereal and replace it with home made bread made with a bread machine. I purchased a wheat grinder and wheat berries and grind my own flour. The result is not only my prostate problems are much be ...
- Flagl helped my depression
After taking Flagl for two weeks (Two per day) My depression vanished. It is now three months since I had a depression episode. Thank God for the doctor who prescribed it he saved my life. Thank you Flagl
- Did you recover from bph?
For unknown reasons my BPH symptoms have gradually disappeared. I was taking Doxazosin for 2-3 years but it never seemed to really help. I stated taking Saw Palmetto about a year ago.
Gradually over this summer my BPH symptoms faded to almost zero.
I'm not ready to claim that the Saw Palmetto di ...
- Too much sleep/sleeping past 12+ hours
Caused me to sleep and to the point where I slept 12+ hours and still didn't want to wake up
- Stevens johnson syndrome- flagyl for h.pylori
Diagnosed with h.pylori with positive blood work and breath-test.
Started 7 day course of Amoxycillin and Flagyl .
On day 7, developed symptoms- large red 2inch hives on legs, extreme frontal headache , pressure behind eyes, pink eye, pain in eyes, sore throat, very slight fever and body ache. L ...
More reviews for: Metronidazole, Benign enlargement of the prostate
On eHealthMe, Metronidazole (metronidazole) is often used for vaginitis bacterial. Find out below the conditions Metronidazole is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Metronidazole used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Metronidazole, Benign enlargement of the prostate
Recent Metronidazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Metronidazole, Doxycycline for a 44-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis
- Comparions of Probiotics, Metronidazole for a 26-year old woman who has Traveler's Diarrhea - E. Coli
- Comparions of Adipex-p, Flagyl for a 44-year old woman who has Vaginitis Bacterial
- Comparions of Phentermine, Amphotericin B, Metronidazole, Azathioprine, Pentasa for a 19-year old girl who has Crohn's Disease
- Comparions of Miconazole Nitrate, Vandazole for a 20-year old woman who has Alcohol Use
- Comparions of Unisom, Metronidazole for a 25-year old woman who has Vaginitis Bacterial
- Comparions of Flagyl, Augmentin '875' for a 52-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Mesalamine, Flagyl for a 47-year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis
- Comparions of Differin, Metrogel for a 52-year old woman who has Rash
- Comparions of Dicloxacillin Sodium, Metronidazole for a 82-year old woman who has Infection
More related comparison studies for: Metronidazole, Benign enlargement of the prostate
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a 39-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout (20 minutes ago)
- Haloperidol for a 61-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder (36 minutes ago)
- Iron Dextran, Vitamin B12, Methadone Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Nuvigil for a 46-year old woman who has Anemia, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Neuropathy, Depression, Narcolepsy (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vitamin D and Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
- Toe Swelling and Indomethacin
- Toe Swelling and Gout
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Toe Swelling
- Toe Swelling and Pain
Recent user comments
- "Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indo ... " (20 minutes ago)
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (8 hours ago)
- Sneddon's Syndrome
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
- Shy Drager Syndrome