Review: could Metronidazole cause Benign enlargement of the prostate (Enlarged Prostate)?
Summary: Benign enlargement of the prostate is found among people who take Metronidazole, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Levaquin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 13,079 people who have side effects while taking Metronidazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Benign enlargement of the prostate. Find out below who they are, when they have Benign enlargement of the prostate and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metronidazole and have Benign enlargement of the prostate >>>
Metronidazole has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. (latest outcomes from 13,931 Metronidazole users)
Benign enlargement of the prostate
Benign enlargement of the prostate has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, arthritis, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 17,514 Benign enlargement of the prostate patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 13,079 people reported to have side effects when taking Metronidazole. Among them, 14 people (0.11%) have Benign Enlargement Of The Prostate.
Time on Metronidazole when people have Benign enlargement of the prostate * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Benign enlargement of the prostate||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Benign enlargement of the prostate when taking Metronidazole * :
|Benign enlargement of the prostate||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.88%||76.47%||17.65% |
Severity of Benign enlargement of the prostate when taking Metronidazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Benign enlargement of the prostate||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Benign enlargement of the prostate ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (13 people, 92.86%)
- Pain (10 people, 71.43%)
- Prophylaxis (10 people, 71.43%)
- Diarrhea (1 people, 7.14%)
- Headache - cluster (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levaquin (14 people, 100.00%)
- Pepcid (14 people, 100.00%)
- Vicodin (14 people, 100.00%)
- Prednisone (14 people, 100.00%)
- Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen (14 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Benign Enlargement Of The Prostate while taking Metronidazole?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metronidazole and have Benign Enlargement Of The Prostate
- support group for people who take Metronidazole
- support group for people who have Benign Enlargement Of The Prostate
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a 63-year old man with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Enlarged Prostate
- A study of side effects of Flagyl for a 40-year old woman with Vaginitis Bacterial. The patient has Hives
- A study of drug interactions between Metronidazole, Azithromycin for a 27-year old woman with Bacterial Infection, Chlamydia. The patient has Mouth Dry Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of side effects of Metronidazole for a 42-year old man with Dental Abscess. The patient has Swollen Glands, Fatigue, Dizziness
Recent Metronidazole related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.