Home > Metronidazole > Drowsiness > Metronidazole and Drowsiness
Review: could Metronidazole cause Drowsiness?
We study 13,054 people who have side effects while taking Metronidazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 168 have Drowsiness. Find out below who they are, when they have Drowsiness and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Metronidazole and have Drowsiness >>>
Metronidazole (latest outcomes from 13,905 users) has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial.
Drowsiness (latest reports from 494,664 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 13,051 people reported to have side effects when taking Metronidazole. Among them, 168 people (1.29%) have Drowsiness.
Time on Metronidazole when people have Drowsiness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Drowsiness when taking Metronidazole * :
Severity of Drowsiness when taking Metronidazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Drowsiness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (25 people, 14.88%)
- Hypertension (18 people, 10.71%)
- Multiple myeloma (15 people, 8.93%)
- Pruritus (14 people, 8.33%)
- Maternal therapy to enhance foetal lung maturity (12 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (34 people, 20.24%)
- Zometa (30 people, 17.86%)
- Lisinopril (29 people, 17.26%)
- Coreg (29 people, 17.26%)
- Effexor (29 people, 17.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drowsiness while taking Metronidazole?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metronidazole and have Drowsiness
- support group for people who take Metronidazole
- support group for people who have Drowsiness
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Metronidazole, Drowsiness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Gabapentin made me comatose
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
- Flagl helped my depression
After taking Flagl for two weeks (Two per day) My depression vanished. It is now three months since I had a depression episode. Thank God for the doctor who prescribed it he saved my life. Thank you Flagl
More reviews for: Metronidazole, Drowsiness
On eHealthMe, Metronidazole (metronidazole) is often used for vaginitis bacterial. Find out below the conditions Metronidazole is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Metronidazole used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (43 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (43 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (3 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (4 hours ago)
- Valsartan; Hydrochlorothiazide
- Tricuspid Atresia