Home > Metronidazole > Heart palpitations > Metronidazole and Heart palpitations
Review: could Metronidazole cause Heart palpitations?
We study 13,051 people who have side effects while taking Metronidazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 153 have Heart palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart palpitations and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Metronidazole and have Heart palpitations >>>
Metronidazole (latest outcomes from 13,898 users) has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial.
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) (latest reports from 315,771 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 13,051 people reported to have side effects when taking Metronidazole. Among them, 153 people (1.17%) have Heart Palpitations.
Time on Metronidazole when people have Heart palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart palpitations||86.67%||3.33%||0.00%||0.00%||3.33%||3.33%||3.33% |
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Metronidazole * :
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||0.00%||5.07%||12.32%||17.39%||27.54%||10.14%||27.54% |
Severity of Heart palpitations when taking Metronidazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||80.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heart palpitations ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (20 people, 13.07%)
- Contraception (14 people, 9.15%)
- Hypertension (10 people, 6.54%)
- Pain (6 people, 3.92%)
- Thrombosis (5 people, 3.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fluconazole (34 people, 22.22%)
- Doxycycline (33 people, 21.57%)
- Paxil (30 people, 19.61%)
- Digoxin (27 people, 17.65%)
- Naproxen (26 people, 16.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heart Palpitations while taking Metronidazole?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metronidazole and have Heart Palpitations
- support group for people who take Metronidazole
- support group for people who have Heart Palpitations
Comments from related studies:
From this study (7 months ago):
Been on it for two days, with light but frequent heart palpitations.Enough to worry and scare me. I did not drink or take anything else with it.
From this study (3 years ago):
Only taking Flagyl for 3 days and all of the above sypmtoms plus a metallic taste in my mouth started. Feel there was a reaction between Lexapro and Flagyl.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Metronidazole, Heart palpitations
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Flagl helped my depression
After taking Flagl for two weeks (Two per day) My depression vanished. It is now three months since I had a depression episode. Thank God for the doctor who prescribed it he saved my life. Thank you Flagl
- Fenofibrate allergy and gall bladder problems
Took fenofibrate for about 9 months to treat high cholesterol, it lowered total from 250 down to 175 along with lowered triglycerides and LDL. After 6 months started having allergy and cold flu symptoms along with heart palpitations. Allergies caused sore throat, fluid behind ear,and sinus congest ...
More reviews for: Metronidazole, Heart palpitations
On eHealthMe, Metronidazole (metronidazole) is often used for vaginitis bacterial. Find out below the conditions Metronidazole is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Metronidazole used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (7 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (56 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (57 minutes ago)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Caclia Doce