Metronidazole and Kidney infection - from FDA reports
Kidney infection is reported only by a few people who take Metronidazole. We study 22,502 people who have side effects while taking Metronidazole from FDA. Among them, 5 have Kidney infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney infection and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
22,502 people reported to have side effects when taking Metronidazole.
Among them, 5 people (0.02%) have Kidney infection
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Kidney infection when taking Metronidazole *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Kidney infection when taking Metronidazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 50 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 50 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (2 people, 40.00%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (1 person, 20.00%)
- Pain (1 person, 20.00%)
- Nausea (1 person, 20.00%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (1 person, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Remeron (2 people, 40.00%)
- Percocet (2 people, 40.00%)
- Methotrexate (2 people, 40.00%)
- Fluoxetine (2 people, 40.00%)
- Albuterol (1 person, 20.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Urosepsis (2 people, 40.00%)
- Stroke (2 people, 40.00%)
- Renal Failure Chronic (2 people, 40.00%)
- Gastroenteritis (2 people, 40.00%)
- Fungal Infection (2 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Kidney infection when taking Metronidazole?
- Check symptoms - is kidney infection caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsKidney infection and drugs with ingredients of metronidazole.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeKidney infection and Metronidazole from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Metronidazole has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. (latest outcomes from Metronidazole 23,756 users)
Kidney infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 9,857 Kidney infection patients).
Browse all side effects of Metronidazolea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Kidney infectionKidney infection
Could your condition cause Kidney infectionKidney infection
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have several canker sores in my mouth now, and today my doctor prescribed 20 (2x day) 500mg Metronidazole for a sinus bacterial infection. Is it OK to start this medicine before the canker sores heal or will it make the canker sore worse? Should I delay starting this medicine or perhaps not ...
User reviews to the study
I took this pill because of a dental problem for only 3 days. 125mg. Not only did it destroy my stomach but it put me into arrhythmia which I had never had in my life before. I had to call an ambulance because of the severe stomach pain it caused me. I was in a fetal position for a day despite ...
Just started taking cephalexin and metronidazole, prescribed to me to treat SIBO and leaky gut. I'm supposed to take both pills every 8 hours for 10 days. My insurance refused to cover the better treatment, so they prescribed these to antibiotics. I'm concerned about side effects and my health.
Hi..My daughter was just on it for Bacterial Vaginitis and is having still having flank pain 10 days later. We've had every test except a CT scan..been into the ER 3 times. Does anyone have it where it goes into lower back too, and this long after finishing it?