Home > Metronidazole > Neck pain > Metronidazole and Neck pain
Review: could Metronidazole cause Neck pain?
Summary: Neck pain is found among people who take Metronidazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 13,061 people who have side effects while taking Metronidazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 111 have Neck pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Neck pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Metronidazole and have Neck pain >>>
Metronidazole (latest outcomes from 13,911 users) has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial.
Neck pain (latest reports from 23,791 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 13,054 people reported to have side effects when taking Metronidazole. Among them, 111 people (0.85%) have Neck Pain.
Time on Metronidazole when people have Neck pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neck pain||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Neck pain when taking Metronidazole * :
|Neck pain||0.00%||2.04%||0.00%||10.20%||10.20%||14.29%||7.14%||56.12% |
Severity of Neck pain when taking Metronidazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neck pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Neck pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Neck pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (38 people, 34.23%)
- Hypertension (23 people, 20.72%)
- Atrial fibrillation (20 people, 18.02%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (13 people, 11.71%)
- Metastases to bone (10 people, 9.01%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (48 people, 43.24%)
- Lipitor (39 people, 35.14%)
- Nexium (34 people, 30.63%)
- Amoxicillin (31 people, 27.93%)
- Dexamethasone (30 people, 27.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Neck Pain while taking Metronidazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metronidazole and have Neck Pain
- support group for people who take Metronidazole
- support group for people who have Neck Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone had neck paine after taking yervoy? my cancer doctor has said it has not relatin to my treatment but i'm not so sure.
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Neck Pain, and takes Yervoy)
I finished with yervoy treatment about 2 months ago. I have developed a lot of pain in my neck and head, especially in the morning. I seen a neurosurgeon and prescribed physical therapy but it doesn't seem to be helping. Has anyone else had neck pain after taking yervoy? My cancer doctor says its ...
- Looking for other testimonies who have had more severe side effects than those listed from taking metronidazole & alcohol?
(Asked by a 30 year old man who has Nausea, Vomiting, Out Of Head As If Totally Drunk, and takes Metronidazole)
Had 4 beers over 4 hour period on last day of taking Metronidazole. Was vomiting & basically acting totally out of character as in wild & argumentative - similar to being bad drunk. Went to sleep & woke up with basically no memory of what happened.
- 81 yrs male on coumadin having mri for neck pain. do i have to worry?
(Asked by a 82 year old man who has Neck Pain, and takes Coumadin)
I am long taking coumadin and I been referred to have an MRI. Do I have to worry about contrast vs coumadin Bad reaction?
- I have pouchitis.is there any cure for it.antibiotics do not help.is there any chance that imuran will help or something else?help please! (1 answer)
(Asked by a 23 year old man who has Frequent Bowel Movements, Bloody Diarrhea, Paina, Grumbling Intestines, Lose Weight, and takes Ciprofloxacin, Imuran, Metronidazole)
Since I was 16 years old I strugle with Ulcerative Colitis.Year and a half ago my colon was removed.So, now I have J-pouch and it seems that colon removement caused severe pouchitis.When I use antibiotics it seems that everything is good,but when i stop using them ,everything gets even worse.
- Could my 20 years of methadone use have any relationship to my current condition
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Pancreatitis, Neck Pain, and takes Methadone Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ondansetron)
Neck pain - radiates to right side of face, shoulder and right arm
More questions for: Metronidazole, Neck pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Tingling feet and hands
(Posted by a 28 year old woman who has Tingling And Numbness, Tingling And Numbness In Feet, and takes Flagyl)
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of this medication my feet and hands have became so tingly and itchy That its becoming unbearable.
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Flagl helped my depression
(Posted by a 72 year old man who has Depression - Chronic, and takes Flagyl)
After taking Flagl for two weeks (Two per day) My depression vanished. It is now three months since I had a depression episode. Thank God for the doctor who prescribed it he saved my life. Thank you Flagl
- Pain in the neck and arthritis after taking generic fosamax
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Thyroid Nodules, Neck Pain, Anterior Knee Pain, Swelling Of A Joint, and takes Alendronate Sodium)
I started taking Generic Fosamax about six months ago and last week i had a terrible neck pain and spasm. I went to my accupunturist and he did accupunture and massage, but the pain did not go away. Later that week, I noticed that I had a lot of pain every time I flexed my left knee, and later that ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
(Posted by a 16 year old girl who has Asthma, Migraines, Dizziness, Tightness In Chest, Difficulty Breathing, Confusion, Unable To Speak Or Swallow, Swollen Neck, Abdominal Pain, Unable To Walk, Neck Pain, Shaking Uncontrollably, Loss Of Feeling In Right Side, and takes Sumatriptan)
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
More reviews for: Metronidazole, Neck pain
- A study of side effects of Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Edema Of Lower Extremities, Neck Pain, Mania Aggravated (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood), Hallucinations, Mixed (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind -mixed)
Comments: I am a 61 year old female, who, after taking DESYREL / TRAZADONE 100mg per day, for 19 days, (Oct 25-Nov 13, 2014), developed a complete psychosis and was institutionalized for 4 days. I had awoken at 1am, Friday November 14, 2014 and was acting and feeling very strange, upon which my husband wisely ...
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Neck Pain, Headache (pain in head), Diarrhea, Pain - Abdomen, Inflammatory Pain
Comments: There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- A study of side effects of Flagyl for a patient with Proctitis. The patient has Pain In The Left Side Abdomen,gas And A Need To Always Have A Bowel Movement
Comments: I was a smoker of marijuana and cigarettes for almost 8 years.. Sometimes I have blood in my stools, red blood traces in stools, a need to always have a bowel movement, cramps in my left side abdomen, bean like coffee beans in my stools,bad breath.. The doctor did a colonoscopy and found proctitis l ...
- A study of side effects of Metronidazole for a patient with Vaginitis Bacterial. The patient has Vaginitis Bacterial (inflammation of the vagina caused by bacterial infection)
Comments: After using the metronidazole gel for a week, I noticed I developed chelitis on my lips. I also noticed I had some acne breakouts and now I have something on my waistline that itches and hurts. I am afraid it is either herpes or shingles. not sure. during the BV I had a herpes break out on my bu ...
- A study of side effects of Metronidazole for a patient with Swollen Gums. The patient has Amoxicillin
Comments: I am type 2 diabetic on novomix 30 58ml morning before breakast and before dinner in the evening have had surgery to remove teeth and implants being given metronidazole 400mg 3 times a day plus amoxicillin 500mg 3 times a day blood sugar level this morning was 8.9 but has risen to 25.9 this evening ...
More related studies for: Metronidazole, Neck pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.