Review: could Metronidazole cause Pancreatic cancer (Pancreatic carcinoma)?
Summary: Pancreatic cancer is reported only by a few people who take Metronidazole.
We study 13,061 people who have side effects while taking Metronidazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Pancreatic cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Pancreatic cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Metronidazole and have Pancreatic cancer >>>
Metronidazole has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. (latest outcomes from Metronidazole 13,917 users)
Pancreatic cancer (pancreatic cancer) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, pancreatic carcinoma.(latest reports from Pancreatic cancer 7,454 patients)
On Dec, 4, 2014: 13,061 people reported to have side effects when taking Metronidazole. Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Pancreatic Cancer.
Time on Metronidazole when people have Pancreatic cancer * :
Age of people who have Pancreatic cancer when taking Metronidazole * :
|Pancreatic cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Pancreatic cancer when taking Metronidazole ** :
How people recovered from Pancreatic cancer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pancreatic carcinoma metastatic (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (2 people, 100.00%)
- Pantoprazole sodium (2 people, 100.00%)
- Gemcitabine (2 people, 100.00%)
- Erythromycin (1 people, 50.00%)
- Vancomycin (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pancreatic Cancer while taking Metronidazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metronidazole and have Pancreatic Cancer
- support group for people who take Metronidazole
- support group for people who have Pancreatic Cancer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Looking for other testimonies who have had more severe side effects than those listed from taking metronidazole & alcohol?
(Asked by a 30 year old man who has Nausea, Vomiting, Out Of Head As If Totally Drunk, and takes Metronidazole)
Had 4 beers over 4 hour period on last day of taking Metronidazole. Was vomiting & basically acting totally out of character as in wild & argumentative - similar to being bad drunk. Went to sleep & woke up with basically no memory of what happened.
- I have pouchitis.is there any cure for it.antibiotics do not help.is there any chance that imuran will help or something else?help please! (1 answer)
(Asked by a 23 year old man who has Frequent Bowel Movements, Bloody Diarrhea, Paina, Grumbling Intestines, Lose Weight, and takes Ciprofloxacin, Imuran, Metronidazole)
Since I was 16 years old I strugle with Ulcerative Colitis.Year and a half ago my colon was removed.So, now I have J-pouch and it seems that colon removement caused severe pouchitis.When I use antibiotics it seems that everything is good,but when i stop using them ,everything gets even worse.
- Is anyone here being treated for h pylori? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Helicobacter Pylori, Extreme Weight Loss, Heartburn, Flucuating Appetite, Ainexty, Phobias, Depression, and takes Metronidazole, Clarithromycin, Hydroxyzine, Lansoprazole)
Diagnosed with H-pylori and am challenged with pharmophobia (which is a phobia for taking any kind of medication in any form)also anxiety, and agoraphobia which extends to too many things such as driving, going out alone, chocolate, cherries and the list goes on. Can anyone tell me if they are or ha ...
- I used metrogel and now i have severe incontinence. i'm also on ant-depressants. please help
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Incontinence, and takes Metrogel-vaginal)
I went for a routine check up to my gynae and she noticed an inflammation or something and prescribed Metrogel. I followed the rules for hygiene and administered the gel. After the 5th day I developed this feeling of incontinence(urgently wanting to badly pee but just a few drops come out) I spoke t ...
- I am on the nexplanon since january the last two weeks i feel fluttering like my last two pregnancy... could i be pregnant ..if not what is it
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Blood Pressure Occasionally., and takes Valtrex, Clonazepam, Metronidazole)
I am feeling fluttering in my lower abdomen like the same butterfly feeling when I was pregnant with my two boys. Some morning I wake up nauseous but for the moat part there are no other side effects..
More questions for: Metronidazole, Pancreatic cancer
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Tingling feet and hands
(Posted by a 28 year old woman who has Tingling And Numbness, Tingling And Numbness In Feet, and takes Flagyl)
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of this medication my feet and hands have became so tingly and itchy That its becoming unbearable.
- Flagl helped my depression
(Posted by a 72 year old man who has Depression - Chronic, and takes Flagyl)
After taking Flagl for two weeks (Two per day) My depression vanished. It is now three months since I had a depression episode. Thank God for the doctor who prescribed it he saved my life. Thank you Flagl
- Too much sleep/sleeping past 12+ hours
(Posted by a 22 year old woman who has Too Much Sleep, and takes Flagyl)
Caused me to sleep and to the point where I slept 12+ hours and still didn't want to wake up
- Stevens johnson syndrome- flagyl for h.pylori (1 response)
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Stevens-johnson Syndrome, and takes Flagyl)
Diagnosed with h.pylori with positive blood work and breath-test.
Started 7 day course of Amoxycillin and Flagyl .
On day 7, developed symptoms- large red 2inch hives on legs, extreme frontal headache , pressure behind eyes, pink eye, pain in eyes, sore throat, very slight fever and body ache. L ...
More reviews for: Metronidazole, Pancreatic cancer
- A study of drug interactions between Sodium Sulfacetamide, Metrogel, Fish Oil, Biotin, Zanaflex, Zoloft for a patient with Rosacea, Just To Be Helpful, For Hair Loss And Thinning.wasnt Suggested/prescribed By Doctor., Muscle Spasms In Neck , Bulging Discs, Stenosis. Only Use Sparingly, Not Much At All., Depression. The patient has Dizziness, Hair Thinning, Loss Of Hair
Comments: *I have noticed breakage of hair.Trying to use coconut and olive oil for hair.Not used on scalp.
*I first noticed thinning after using selenium face wash.I was told I could use it on my scalp. But I looked online and saw that it could cause hairloss. I quit using it after a few tries on my face ...
- A study of side effects of Flagyl for a patient with Proctitis. The patient has Pain In The Left Side Abdomen,gas And A Need To Always Have A Bowel Movement
Comments: I was a smoker of marijuana and cigarettes for almost 8 years.. Sometimes I have blood in my stools, red blood traces in stools, a need to always have a bowel movement, cramps in my left side abdomen, bean like coffee beans in my stools,bad breath.. The doctor did a colonoscopy and found proctitis l ...
- A study of side effects of Metronidazole for a patient with Vaginitis Bacterial. The patient has Vaginitis Bacterial (inflammation of the vagina caused by bacterial infection)
Comments: After using the metronidazole gel for a week, I noticed I developed chelitis on my lips. I also noticed I had some acne breakouts and now I have something on my waistline that itches and hurts. I am afraid it is either herpes or shingles. not sure. during the BV I had a herpes break out on my bu ...
- A study of side effects of Metronidazole for a patient with Swollen Gums. The patient has Amoxicillin
Comments: I am type 2 diabetic on novomix 30 58ml morning before breakast and before dinner in the evening have had surgery to remove teeth and implants being given metronidazole 400mg 3 times a day plus amoxicillin 500mg 3 times a day blood sugar level this morning was 8.9 but has risen to 25.9 this evening ...
- A study of drug interactions between Clotrimazole, Metronidazole for a patient with Thrush, Vaginitis Bacterial. The patient has Cystitis-like Symptom, Urinary Tract Infection Viral
Comments: Used for the first time 1 clotrimazole pessary, clotrimazole 1% external cream, metronidazole tablets. Within an hour cystitis pains had set in, blood present in urine, frequent urination. Symptoms subsided after 7 hours. Continued use of tablets and did not remove pessary and was fine. Used cream a ...
More related studies for: Metronidazole, Pancreatic cancer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.