Home > Metronidazole > Sinus infection > Metronidazole and Sinus infection
Review: could Metronidazole cause Sinus infection (Sinusitis)?
We study 13,054 people who have side effects while taking Metronidazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 202 have Sinus infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Sinus infection and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Metronidazole and have Sinus infection >>>
Metronidazole (latest outcomes from 13,905 users) has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial.
Sinus infection (inflammation of sinus) (latest reports from 230,234 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, psoriasis.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 13,051 people reported to have side effects when taking Metronidazole. Among them, 202 people (1.55%) have Sinus Infection.
Time on Metronidazole when people have Sinus infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sinus infection||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Sinus infection when taking Metronidazole * :
|Sinus infection||0.00%||0.00%||1.06%||2.13%||10.11%||31.38%||22.87%||32.45% |
Severity of Sinus infection when taking Metronidazole ** :
How people recovered from Sinus infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (42 people, 20.79%)
- Pain (42 people, 20.79%)
- Breast cancer (32 people, 15.84%)
- Depression (25 people, 12.38%)
- Anxiety (20 people, 9.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (119 people, 58.91%)
- Dexamethasone (82 people, 40.59%)
- Aredia (78 people, 38.61%)
- Coumadin (71 people, 35.15%)
- Prilosec (70 people, 34.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sinus Infection while taking Metronidazole?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metronidazole and have Sinus Infection
- support group for people who take Metronidazole
- support group for people who have Sinus Infection
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
I am type 2 diabetic on novomix 30 58ml morning before breakast and before dinner in the evening have had surgery to remove teeth and implants being given metronidazole 400mg 3 times a day plus amoxicillin 500mg 3 times a day blood sugar level this morning was 8.9 but has risen to 25.9 this evening and am worried that the antibiotics are affecting this as my sugar levels have never been this high before.
From this study (1 week ago):
I took diflucan and flagyl and am 6 days late on my period, is this common? Could i be pregnant, we are trying for a baby.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Hard to walk. Pain in leg and right knee.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Metronidazole, Sinus infection
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Flagl helped my depression
After taking Flagl for two weeks (Two per day) My depression vanished. It is now three months since I had a depression episode. Thank God for the doctor who prescribed it he saved my life. Thank you Flagl
- Too much sleep/sleeping past 12+ hours
Caused me to sleep and to the point where I slept 12+ hours and still didn't want to wake up
More reviews for: Metronidazole, Sinus infection
On eHealthMe, Metronidazole (metronidazole) is often used for vaginitis bacterial. Find out below the conditions Metronidazole is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Metronidazole used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (2 hours ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (2 hours ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- High Blood Cholesterol and Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (4 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (5 hours ago)
- Iron Edta
- Prostatitis Chronic
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy