Review: could Micardis cause Blood creatinine increased?
Summary: Blood creatinine increased is found among people who take Micardis, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 15,688 people who have side effects while taking Micardis from FDA and social media. Among them, 315 have Blood creatinine increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood creatinine increased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Micardis and have Blood creatinine increased >>>
Micardis has active ingredients of telmisartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Micardis 16,255 users)
Blood creatinine increased
Blood creatinine increased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, kidney transplant, multiple myeloma, pain, diabetes.(latest reports from Blood creatinine increased 40,924 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 15,688 people reported to have side effects when taking Micardis. Among them, 315 people (2.01%) have Blood Creatinine Increased.
Time on Micardis when people have Blood creatinine increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood creatinine increased||22.99%||47.13%||11.49%||6.90%||2.30%||1.15%||8.05% |
Gender of people who have Blood creatinine increased when taking Micardis * :
|Blood creatinine increased||43.69%||56.31% |
Age of people who have Blood creatinine increased when taking Micardis * :
|Blood creatinine increased||1.53%||0.00%||0.00%||0.38%||9.96%||4.98%||15.33%||67.82% |
Severity of Blood creatinine increased when taking Micardis ** :
How people recovered from Blood creatinine increased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (159 people, 50.48%)
- Prophylaxis (29 people, 9.21%)
- Cerebrovascular accident prophylaxis (22 people, 6.98%)
- Herpes zoster (21 people, 6.67%)
- Diabetes mellitus (19 people, 6.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (76 people, 24.13%)
- Lasix (53 people, 16.83%)
- Ramipril (40 people, 12.70%)
- Lipitor (38 people, 12.06%)
- Norvasc (36 people, 11.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood Creatinine Increased while taking Micardis?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Micardis and have Blood Creatinine Increased
- support group for people who take Micardis
- support group for people who have Blood Creatinine Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I take telmisartan and atorvastin and pantoprazole daily, also cider vinegar and honey, should i seperate the timing?
nearly 70, regular golfer ,12 handicap. quintuple bypass 4 years ago, still shear my own sheep 2000. Will drinking alittlr cider vinegar and honey alter the uptake of these drugs?
- What has been the overall treatment plan for people suffering from champix/chantix side effects? (2 answers)
I took Champix for the full 12 weeks prescribed. While taking Champix I was happier than I've ever been, it was like a revelation, I had it all figured out and wanted everyone around me to be happy. I quit smoking on my quit date, no cravings, etc. That part worked. I had a couple episodes of just not being myself during the first week after stopping, I had a panic attack, an argument, my reactions were exaggerated. Come the following Monday I was near hysteria, crying, feeling upset, sad but couldn't articulate why. Panic attacks occur pretty frequently now & out of nowhere. My doctor has no experience with this happening. I'm looking for information on treatments that worked and ones that didn't from others having similar reactions; as well as success rates and recovery rates.
- Is there a link between zyprexa and prostate cancer
Can Zyprexa have caused my Prostate Cancer? Can it be reversed or slowed by stopping Zyprexa?
- If hba1c is 4.5 should i continue medication
After 10 years of meds i find out I am white coat hypertensive. Should i continue to take the meds?
- Could statins have caused my type ii diabetes (1 answer)
Was on Zocor from 1998 after my heart attack and 1 stent to 2005 than switched to Vytorin in 2005 after 2 stents,and have been on Vytorin to present. Was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in July 2011.
More questions for: Micardis, Blood creatinine increased
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Sudden tinnitus with hearing loss with telmisartan 40mg
sudden onset of unilateral moderate sensorineural hearing loss folowing 48 hrs of Telmisartan 40mg
- Melformin and hiccups
Started Metformin yesterday at 250 mg after breakfast. Severe hiccups for 5+ hours, approx 5 - 10.30 p.m. Very hard to relieve by breathing into a bag and took several tries to stop. Could not stop until I alkalised with Bi-carb soda in water, twice. Started again in the night, about 1.30 am. Took a large dose of bi-carb soda in water to alkalise my stomach and was able to relieve the problem fairly quickly, again by breathing into a bag to deprive the diaphragm of oxygen and increase the CO2 level. Feeling an inclination to hiccups again today and regularly alkalising and so far no hiccup outbreak
- Polymyalgia rheumatica (1 response)
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but pain levels come back up.
Currently on 20mg daily. Still have pain in the morning & at night. Am worried about prednisone side effects.
- Boils vanish after taking micardis
I was taking Atacand for many years for blood pressure. I suffered boils in my groin for approx 6 years, even having them cut out under a general, and they still returned. Started taking Micardis and they have disappeared, so relieved and happy.
More reviews for: Micardis, Blood creatinine increased
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I started taking Micardis (telesmartin) in 2008, in 2009 I started going through menopause with numberous hot flashes throughout the day. I began noticing suttle differences in my face, my nose started getting wider and my eyelids started getting droopy. I also started gaining weight. I quit smoking ...
- Developed severed acid reflux 3 years ago, was so severed that I was given nexium to help with the symptons, the medication helped with the reflux. A little while later I developed a small pain in the one heel, but only in the mornings when I first got up, the symptons did not ease up and only got ...
- 1 year after cancer of the bladder required a neo bladder operation, I was diagnosed with high eye pressure leading to glaucoma. Since the bladder op I have been taking 1.6g of Sodium Bicarbonate per day as a urinary alkalinizer. Is it possible that the sodium bicarbonate is causing the higher eye p ...
- Trying to find out if the drugs I've been taking have caused an increase in my creatinine level or not. I have a very high 2.5 level. After inputting the creatinine into the GFR equation it shows I have only 22% kidney function. Of course I'm nervous because this is stage 4 kidney disease. Wonder ...
- Within 24 hours of going off my Micardi 80 I have no more lower bowel anal pain and an urge to defeceate even when nothing was there.I have gone off a lot of foods and lost 10 kilos in as many months - not intentional while I have had this IBS. So I dont want to go back to eating much at first. Its ...
More related studies for: Micardis, Blood creatinine increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.