Review: could Micardis cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Micardis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Micardis hct, and have Hypertension.
We study 15,688 people who have side effects while taking Micardis from FDA and social media. Among them, 105 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Micardis and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Micardis has active ingredients of telmisartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Micardis 16,255 users)
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain.(latest reports from Urinary incontinence 18,495 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 15,688 people reported to have side effects when taking Micardis. Among them, 105 people (0.67%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Micardis when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||42.86%||28.57%||0.00%||28.57%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Micardis * :
|Urinary incontinence||80.77%||19.23% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Micardis * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.84%||42.62%||47.54% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Micardis ** :
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (50 people, 47.62%)
- Carcinoid tumour pulmonary (33 people, 31.43%)
- Bone density abnormal (18 people, 17.14%)
- Osteoporosis (6 people, 5.71%)
- Oedema peripheral (5 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Micardis hct (35 people, 33.33%)
- Lasix (26 people, 24.76%)
- Aspirin (26 people, 24.76%)
- Sandostatin lar (26 people, 24.76%)
- Synthroid (23 people, 21.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Micardis?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Micardis and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Micardis
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I take telmisartan and atorvastin and pantoprazole daily, also cider vinegar and honey, should i seperate the timing?
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Atherosclerosis, and takes Telmisartan)
nearly 70, regular golfer ,12 handicap. quintuple bypass 4 years ago, still shear my own sheep 2000. Will drinking alittlr cider vinegar and honey alter the uptake of these drugs?
- What has been the overall treatment plan for people suffering from champix/chantix side effects? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Nausea And Vomiting, Euphoric Mood, and takes Varenicline, Cymbalta, Micardis, Synthroid, Ciprofloxacin)
I took Champix for the full 12 weeks prescribed. While taking Champix I was happier than I've ever been, it was like a revelation, I had it all figured out and wanted everyone around me to be happy. I quit smoking on my quit date, no cravings, etc. That part worked. I had a couple episodes of ju ...
- Is there a link between zyprexa and prostate cancer
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Schizophrenia, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Enlarged Prostate, Weight Gain - Unintentional, and takes Fluvoxamine Maleate, Zyprexa Zydis, Micardis)
Can Zyprexa have caused my Prostate Cancer? Can it be reversed or slowed by stopping Zyprexa?
- If hba1c is 4.5 should i continue medication
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, and takes Metformin, Telmisartan, Amlodipine Besylate, Indapamide)
After 10 years of meds i find out I am white coat hypertensive. Should i continue to take the meds?
- Could statins have caused my type ii diabetes (1 answer)
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes, Acid Reflux, Coronary Artery Disease, Heart Attack, Angina, and takes Ranexa, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel, Vytorin, Metoprolol Succinate, Micardis, Nexium, Aspirin, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride)
Was on Zocor from 1998 after my heart attack and 1 stent to 2005 than switched to Vytorin in 2005 after 2 stents,and have been on Vytorin to present. Was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in July 2011.
More questions for: Micardis, Urinary incontinence
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Sudden tinnitus with hearing loss with telmisartan 40mg
(Posted by a 41 year old man who has Tinnitus And Sensorineural Hearing Loss, and takes Telmisartan)
sudden onset of unilateral moderate sensorineural hearing loss folowing 48 hrs of Telmisartan 40mg
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects (1 response)
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Melformin and hiccups
(Posted by a 74 year old man who has Mild Hypertension, Elevated Cholesterol, Recently Diagnosed Type 11 Diabates, and takes Aspirin, Micardis, Amlodipine Besylate, Plant Sterols, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide)
Started Metformin yesterday at 250 mg after breakfast. Severe hiccups for 5+ hours, approx 5 - 10.30 p.m. Very hard to relieve by breathing into a bag and took several tries to stop. Could not stop until I alkalised with Bi-carb soda in water, twice. Started again in the night, about 1.30 am. Took ...
- Polymyalgia rheumatica (1 response)
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Insulin-requiring Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, COPD, Hypertension, Obesity, and takes Prednisone, Celebrex, Micardis, Spiriva, Moduretic 5-50, Effexor Xr)
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but p ...
- Boils vanish after taking micardis
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Boils, High Blood Pressure, and takes Micardis)
I was taking Atacand for many years for blood pressure. I suffered boils in my groin for approx 6 years, even having them cut out under a general, and they still returned. Started taking Micardis and they have disappeared, so relieved and happy.
More reviews for: Micardis, Urinary incontinence
- A study of side effects of Micardis for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Angioedema (rapid swelling of the dermis)
Comments: I started taking Micardis (telesmartin) in 2008, in 2009 I started going through menopause with numberous hot flashes throughout the day. I began noticing suttle differences in my face, my nose started getting wider and my eyelids started getting droopy. I also started gaining weight. I quit smoking ...
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with Depression. The patient has Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination)
Comments: I am on 400mg lamictal and 100mg Zoloft. And 50mg trazadone for sleep. The last 3 months I have urinary incontenance. And sudden urges ti pee. Uaually can't make it ro the bathroom. I am a healthy 29 year ols. Also, I used baby wipes several times to wipe after uaingthe bathroom. The wipes were reca ...
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Claritin-d, Krill Oil, Vitamin D, SAM-e, Dexilant, Buspirone Hcl, Buspar, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Yeast Infections, Allergies, Bipolar 2, Vitamin D, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Migraine. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
Comments: It's been happening for about a month now. I only leak if I cough or sneeze hard. Typically even if I've urinated recently if the action is hard enough. Amounts released do very depending on the severity of the action.
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Vyvanse, Metformin, Zyrtec, Omeprazole, Cymbalta for a patient with Multiple Allergies, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Add, Insulin Resistance, Acid Reflux, Mood Disorder. The patient has Urinary Incontinence, Fatigue, Seborrhoeic Dermatitis
Comments: 10 yrs ago, suddenly had allergic reaction to shampoo and deodorant that I had used for years. Changed deodorants. Still have issues with scalp flare ups while using any brand shampoo. Only thing that helps is Head and Shoulders medicated shampoo in dark blue bottle.
- A study of side effects of Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression Associated With Shingles. The patient has Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination), Burning Sensation, Bladder Not Emptying
Comments: My doctor put me on Nortriptyline while I was suffering from Shingles and had severe depression, itching, and nerve pain on July 27, 2014. Today is Aug 2, 2014 and I have been having urinary bladder difficulty not emptying while going to the bathroom for about 2 weeks. The last three days have been ...
More related studies for: Micardis, Urinary incontinence
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.