Review: could Midol cause Stomach upset (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Stomach upset is found among people who take Midol, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tylenol, and have Dysmenorrhoea.
We study 785 people who have side effects while taking Midol from FDA and social media. Among them, 78 have Stomach upset. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach upset and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Midol and have Stomach upset >>>
Midol has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in painful menstrual periods. (latest outcomes from 1,002 Midol users)
Stomach upset has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 142,488 Stomach upset patients)
On Mar, 17, 2015: 785 people reported to have side effects when taking Midol. Among them, 78 people (9.94%) have Stomach Upset.
Time on Midol when people have Stomach upset * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach upset||93.33%||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stomach upset when taking Midol * :
|Stomach upset||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Stomach upset when taking Midol * :
|Stomach upset||0.00%||0.00%||61.54%||20.51%||7.69%||10.26%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Stomach upset when taking Midol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach upset||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Stomach upset ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach upset||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dysmenorrhoea (55 people, 70.51%)
- Contraception (5 people, 6.41%)
- Acne (5 people, 6.41%)
- Self injurious behaviour (4 people, 5.13%)
- Muscle spasms (3 people, 3.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tylenol (10 people, 12.82%)
- Allegra (10 people, 12.82%)
- Yasmin (7 people, 8.97%)
- Aleve (6 people, 7.69%)
- Yaz (4 people, 5.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Upset while taking Midol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Midol and have Stomach Upset
- support group for people who take Midol
- support group for people who have Stomach Upset
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a 30-year old woman with Foot Pain. The patient has Foot Fracture
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vitamin D, Metoprolol Tartrate, Pantoprazole, Losartan, Pravastatin Sodium, Topiramate for a 45-year old woman with Back Pain, Health, High Blood Pressure, Stomach Acid, Total Cholesterol, Seizures. The patient has Vertigo-associated Disorders, Aural Fullness, Eye Twitch, Chills, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Fatigue, Lump In The Neck, Restlessness, Weakness, Body Numbness, Confusion, Pressure Sore, Ringing In The Ears, Dizzy
- A study of side effects of Indomethacin for a 62-year old woman with Indomethacin Overdose. The patient has Headache (pain in head), Nausea And Vomiting, Unable To Get Pregnant, Difficulty In Walking, Gums - Swollen
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
Recent Midol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.