Review: could Milk of magnesia cause Alcohol dependence (Alcoholism)?
Summary: Alcohol dependence is reported only by a few people who take Milk of magnesia.
We study 2,826 people who have side effects while taking Milk of magnesia from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Alcohol dependence. Find out below who they are, when they have Alcohol dependence and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Milk of magnesia and have Alcohol dependence >>>
Milk of magnesia
Milk of magnesia has active ingredients of magnesium hydroxide. It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from Milk of magnesia 2,974 users)
Alcohol dependence (problems with alcohol) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Alcohol dependence 7,679 patients)
On Dec, 21, 2014: 2,826 people reported to have side effects when taking Milk of magnesia. Among them, 4 people (0.14%) have Alcohol Dependence.
Time on Milk of magnesia when people have Alcohol dependence * :
Gender of people who have Alcohol dependence when taking Milk of magnesia * :
|Alcohol dependence||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Alcohol dependence when taking Milk of magnesia * :
|Alcohol dependence||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Alcohol dependence when taking Milk of magnesia ** :
How people recovered from Alcohol dependence ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Psychotic disorder (2 people, 50.00%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 50.00%)
- Schizophrenia, paranoid type (2 people, 50.00%)
- Impaired gastric emptying (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Dicyclomine (3 people, 75.00%)
- Diazepam (3 people, 75.00%)
- Zoloft (3 people, 75.00%)
- Zyprexa (2 people, 50.00%)
- Serzone (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Alcohol Dependence while taking Milk Of Magnesia?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Milk of magnesia and have Alcohol Dependence
- support group for people who take Milk of magnesia
- support group for people who have Alcohol Dependence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Interactions of a recent increase of zoloft to 200mg and above prescribed dose of dexamphetamine can it be fatal and also started campral after a recent medical alcohol detoxification
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Depression, Alcohol Detoxification, ADHD, and takes Zoloft, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Campral)
I just started to increase my dose of zoloft from 150mg to 200mg as advised by a doctor when I underwent treatment for alcohol detox.i am also taking dexamphetamine as well but prescribed by a psychiatrist which the doctor who increased my zoloft doesn't know about.i often take more than what was pr ...
- Is antabuse ok for multiple sclerosis patients with drinking problems?
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Alcohol Problem, Multiple Sclerosis, Cigarette Smoker, Gout)
My brother has an alcohol problem. He claims he cannot take antabuse because of a risk of blackouts and depression. If true, are there any other drugs or supplements that can be taken to eliminate the craving for alcohol?
- I take 500mg of antabuse once a day. what, if in the event of an emergency, i'm given medicine, particularly by injection something that contains alcohol?
(Asked by a 37 year old man who has Alcoholism, and takes Antabuse)
- Would milk of magnesia with an expiration date of 3/09 still be effective in 10/13?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Colonoscopy, and takes Milk Of Magnesia)
I need to take 2 Tablespoons of milk of magnesia two days before my colonoscopy in October 2013, and I have some in the medicine cabinet. However, the expiration date on it is March 2009. Could I just use what I have, or should I buy a new bottle?
- I am taking subutex and acamprosate, suffering abodimally and mood changes
(Asked by a 34 year old man who has Alcohol Problem, Reversal Of Opiate Activity, and takes Acamprosate Calcium, Subutex)
i am suffering abdonimally in pain, with excessive diahorrea, but i can be constipated before this happens. i can feel a popping sensation in my stomach, when this happens and i eat it creates a burning sensation. i can be in pain most of the day. when i take the acamprosate the popping begins withi ...
More questions for: Milk of magnesia, Alcohol dependence
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Depression, Sleepiness - During The Day, Drowsiness, Diarrhoea, Alcohol Use, and takes Gemfibrozil)
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Milk of magnesia, Alcohol dependence
- A study of drug interactions between Milk Of Magnesia, Multivitamin, Omeprazole for a patient with Constipation, To Feel Better With Many Health Coniditons, Acid Reflux. The patient has Abdominal Pain, Abdominal Cramps, Vomiting
Comments: My wife took Milk of Magnesia only a few times. Most recently was Saturday night at 8:30 and woke up 11:00 with cramping. Then diarrhea at 1:00AM sunday mornng and cramps got worse and worse. Severe pain and vomiting start Sunday 5:00AM. Then vomiting was non stop after that even after going to ER 7 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Lipitor for a patient with Pain - Knee, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Alcohol Use, Fatigue - Chronic
Comments: He drank whiskey for many years but seemed to be in relatively good health. He was a non smoker and his only diagnosed health issues were high cholesterol and arthritis in both knees. He occasionally complained of being tired and had chronic hemorrhoids that didn't require medical attention. I found ...
- A study of side effects of Enbrel for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Alcohol Use (problems with alcohol)
Comments: I developed quite accute R.A. after getting a second treatment of Botox to my forehead. I decided to get the botox injection as I used to get pain in my forehead from muscle spasms due to tension. I don't know if the botox treatment is related to my illness as I was also quite stressed at the time ...
- A study of drug interactions between Haldol, Milk Of Magnesia, Pantoprazole, Remeron, Aspirin, Namenda, Zoloft, Lidoderm, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Aricept Odt, Bisacodyl, Tylenol, Nitrostat, Miralax, Aluminum Hydroxide And Magnesium Trisilicate - 80MG;20MG for a patient with Dementia, Constipation, Reflux Esophagitis, Disorder Depressive, Pain, Chest Pain. The patient has
Comments: My mother was originally on Arisept, Pantoprazole, and Namenda. She was placed on Haldol 2x day for increasingly disruptive non-Alz dementia, and she reacted well.
She had a fall, and after a few days in a hospital where her drugs were not changed, she was moved to a nursing/rehab facility for ...
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Blood Pressure Decreased. The patient has Alcohol Use (problems with alcohol)
Comments: The last couple of days, I've had 1 beer and broke out in a really red flushing on my face/neck. I've been on the metoprolol tartrate just over 2 weeks. I've also had a glass of wine with dinner and did not appear to have same flushing. Is it ok to have a couple of drinks while on this medicine?
More related studies for: Milk of magnesia, Alcohol dependence
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.