Home > Milk thistle > Kidney stones > Milk thistle and Kidney stones
Review: could Milk thistle cause Kidney stones?
We study 405 people who have side effects while taking Milk thistle from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Kidney stones. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney stones and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Milk thistle and have Kidney stones >>>
Milk thistle (latest outcomes from 558 users) has active ingredients of milk thistle. It is often used in liver function test abnormal.
Kidney stones (latest reports from 106,532 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 403 people reported to have side effects when taking Milk thistle. Among them, 5 people (1.24%) have Kidney Stones.
Time on Milk thistle when people have Kidney stones * :
Gender of people who have Kidney stones when taking Milk thistle * :
|Kidney stones||20.00%||80.00% |
Age of people who have Kidney stones when taking Milk thistle * :
|Kidney stones||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00%||60.00% |
Severity of Kidney stones when taking Milk thistle ** :
How people recovered from Kidney stones ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (2 people, 40.00%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (1 people, 20.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (1 people, 20.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 20.00%)
- Hepatic neoplasm malignant (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acidophilus (2 people, 40.00%)
- Multi-vitamin (2 people, 40.00%)
- Flora (2 people, 40.00%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (2 people, 40.00%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Kidney Stones while taking Milk Thistle?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Milk thistle and have Kidney Stones
- support group for people who take Milk thistle
- support group for people who have Kidney Stones
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is synthroid and milk thistle safe?
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Milk Thistle)
I was reviewing the case studies of Synthroid and Milk Thistle and I am not sure I am reading it correctly. I hope the information is incorrect regarding the studies with concurrent use of these drugs. I took one dose of Milk Thistle and it occurred to me that I probably should research to make sure ...
- Is glutathione and l carnitine safe to use when you have mitrwl valve prolapse and kidney stones?
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Prolapse, Kidney Stones, and takes Fluoxetine, Clonazepam)
I am 47 and in dire need of an effective weight loss supplement.Desperate to get a sound advice please.thank you!
- Interaction between fenofibrate and milkthistle
(Asked by a 45 year old man who has Orediabetic Hyperlipidemia, and takes Fenofibrate, Milk Thistle)
Greetings i want to ask you about a patient who has high TG and cholesfrol when he has used statin for 6 years at present time his liver enzymes has increased is it possible to add milkthistle to his regimes or what is the drug of choice in this condition.thanks dr babak bakhtar
- Does metformin cause kidney stones or kidney problems?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Stones - Kidney, Kidney Infection, Kidney Damage, and takes Metformin Hydrochloride, Metformin)
I am trying to find out if others that are or have taken metformin have experienced any kidney problems. Such as kidney stones, kidney infection or kidney damage in general. I personally have never had a kidney stone in my life until I started metformin. Please respond so we can get more warnings ou ...
- Can milk thistle cause bell's palsy?
(Asked by a 42 year old man who has Bell's Palsy, and takes Milk Thistle)
I took Milk Thistle for the first time the the night before and the next morning I woke up with Bell's Palsy on the right side of my face. First I started with eyes watery then gradually I realized that I couldn't control my face muscles on the right side of my face. I had no rash or major inflamma ...
More questions for: Milk thistle, Kidney stones
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
More reviews for: Milk thistle, Kidney stones
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Thyroid, Aspirin, Milk Thistle, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride for a patient with Thyroid Disorder, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Liver Cirrhosis. The patient has Impaired Memory, Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Joint Stiffness, Back Pain
Comments: Diagnosed with liver disease after collapse at home. Virus attack due to low immunity caused by liver problems. Oesophageal varices. Partial portal vein blockage. Have Diabetes Type 2 19 years with no problems, well controlled.
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Vitamin E, Milk Thistle, Dexilant, Losartan Potassium, Hydroxyzine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Heart Disease, Liver Disease, Acid Reflux, High Blood Cholesterol, Panic Attack, Depression. The patient has Hives Rash Itching
Comments: I started on Bupropion, three weeks after I developed a severe rash. I stopped for two weeks, back on burpropion, two days after I started rash came back, very severe. I have liver disease in one month my enzymes went double. I don't know if that happened because of the rash or has nothing to due be ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole Magnesium, Pycnogenol, Acetyl - L - Carnitine, Spirulina Pacifica, Selenium, Chromium Picolinate, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Cortrophin-zinc, Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin E, Coenzyme Q10, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Milk Thistle, B Complex Vitamin, Naproxen for a patient with Upset Stomach, Antioxidant Therapy, Iron Deficiency, Metabolism, Vitamin D Deficiency, Cardiovascular Disorder, Help With Liver Cleansing, Health, Arthritis. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anemia
Comments: Doctor wants to do a colonoscopy, but am not sure if that should be the next step after blood work. I don't believe that the doctor is really investigating the blood work results thoroughly. With my insurance, it is more than difficult to get a 2nd opinion.
Also, I had a fecal occult blood te ...
- A study of side effects of Milk Thistle for a patient with Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased. The patient has Side Pain (a distressing sensation experienced around the lower back and the upper abdomen)
Comments: went to dr for high alkaline phosphatase after many tests scans biopsy I was told I had hyperthyroidism (even though I feel fine). And that the tests were needed to check liver, gallbladder, bones, bile kidneys and thyroids. I repeat I feel fine but did what these doctors told me to do. I am taking ...
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Kidney Stones
Comments: Patient had a large kidneystone in (r)kidney for 10 years that was too large to dissolve but it didn't move. Suddenly after checking for reasons for back to back uti,s, 2 more stones have appeared and function is down to 12%. has Lisinopril had anything to do with the kidney dysfunction or the quick ...
More related studies for: Milk thistle, Kidney stones
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.