Milk of magnesia and Alcohol dependence - from FDA reports
Alcohol dependence is found among people who take Milk of magnesia, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old also take medication Xanax, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Alcohol dependence with Milk of magnesia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,897 people who have side effects when taking Milk of magnesia from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 24, 2017
4,897 people reported to have side effects when taking Milk of magnesia.
Among them, 6 people (0.12%) have Alcohol dependence
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Alcohol dependence when taking Milk of magnesia *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Alcohol dependence when taking Milk of magnesia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 80 %
- 50-59: 20 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (2 people, 33.33%)
- Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type (2 people, 33.33%)
- Psychotic Disorder (2 people, 33.33%)
- Pain (2 people, 33.33%)
- Convulsion Prophylaxis (1 person, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (4 people, 66.67%)
- Protonix (3 people, 50.00%)
- Oxycontin (3 people, 50.00%)
- Miralax (3 people, 50.00%)
- Lidoderm (3 people, 50.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (4 people, 66.67%)
- Spinal Osteoarthritis (2 people, 33.33%)
- High Blood Pressure (2 people, 33.33%)
- Emotional Distress (2 people, 33.33%)
- Dysthymia (2 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Alcohol dependence when taking Milk of magnesia?
- Check symptoms - is alcohol dependence caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAlcohol dependence and drugs with ingredients of magnesium hydroxide.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAlcohol dependence and Milk of magnesia from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Milk of magnesia
Milk of magnesia has active ingredients of magnesium hydroxide. It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from Milk of magnesia 5,088 users)
Alcohol dependence has been reported by people with depression, alcoholism, stress and anxiety, pain, quit smoking (latest reports from 11,482 Alcohol dependence patients).
Browse all side effects of Milk of magnesiaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Alcohol dependenceAlcohol dependence
Could your condition cause Alcohol dependenceAlcohol dependence
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I have suffered from chronic alcoholism since 2001. In the winter of 2015, I woke up one day with a burning mouth and inflamed tongue. The ENT specialist who treated the condition gave up on me and decided that I damaged my tongue from alcohol and told me to go on Amnitriptiline. I then went ...
Omg took milk of magnesia. Had dinner and about an hr later started vomiting. 2hrs later vomited again. Not just a little. Allot feel so ill anyone else have this? I am in my 60s and in good health. Well not tonight???