Review: could Minocycline hydrochloride cause Mitochondrial myopathy?
Summary: Mitochondrial myopathy is reported only by a few people who take Minocycline hydrochloride.
We study 1,490 people who have side effects while taking Minocycline hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Mitochondrial myopathy and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Minocycline hydrochloride and have Mitochondrial myopathy >>>
Minocycline hydrochloride has active ingredients of minocycline hydrochloride. It is often used in acne. (view latest outcomes from 1,815 users)
Mitochondrial myopathy (the muscle fibres do not function due to damage of mitochondria) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, hepatitis b, hiv infection, dizziness, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Mitochondrial myopathy 101 patients)
On Dec, 10, 2014: 1,490 people reported to have side effects when taking Minocycline hydrochloride. Among them, 1 people (0.07%) has Mitochondrial Myopathy.
Time on Minocycline hydrochloride when people have Mitochondrial myopathy * :
Gender of people who have Mitochondrial myopathy when taking Minocycline hydrochloride * :
|Mitochondrial myopathy||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Mitochondrial myopathy when taking Minocycline hydrochloride * :
|Mitochondrial myopathy||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Mitochondrial myopathy when taking Minocycline hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Mitochondrial myopathy ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Sertraline (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mitochondrial Myopathy while taking Minocycline Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Minocycline hydrochloride and have Mitochondrial Myopathy
- support group for people who take Minocycline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Mitochondrial Myopathy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Did anyone get swollen lymph nodes or lymphoma during/after taking minocycline?
(Asked by a 19 year old girl who has Hodgkin's Disease, and takes Minocycline Hydrochloride)
After 3 weeks of taking Minocycline to treat my moderate acne, I started feeling swollen lymph nodes. I thought it was normal because it was on the list of possible side effects but after it gradually got worse I did exams and a biopsy and found out I had lymphoma (Hodgkin's).
- I have mitochondrial myopathy,omeprazole and derivates givesme pain and muscle spasms,do these side effects lower or dissapeared with time?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Mitochondrial Myopathy, and takes Ubiquinol)
I have Mitochondrial Myopathy and I need to take Co enzyme q10 or Ubiquinol,but I also developed a kind of Multiple Intolerance to medications as Omeprazole and derivates,Procinetics,Ranitidine and derivates,misoprostol,antidepresive drugs.For all this I haven´t been able to take my medications,bec ...
- Increased serum zinc 552(nr 46-150) and raised serum copper 180nr(76-152) in vitiligo patient(nr
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Vitiligo, and takes Minocycline Hydrochloride, Ergamisol)
3 yrs duration of acral vitiligo ....and 1 yr duration of hypothyroidism
with raised serum zinc 552(46-150) and slightly elevated serum copper 180(76-152)
what should be done?
- Minocycline hydrochloride possible cause of ulcerative colitis
(Asked by a 28 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Minocycline Hydrochloride)
About 12 years ago I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis after taking Minocycline Hydrochloride for acne. My mom recently heard about this drug potentially causing UC after the Acutane lawsuit was issued for causing UC. I have spent endless money trying to get my disease into remission, not to me ...
- Muscle twitching in legs
(Asked by a 81 year old man who has Heart Rhythm, Mitochondrial Myopathy, and takes Prednisone, Cartia Xt, Flomax, Centrum Silver, Potassium Chloride 0.15% In Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, CoQ10, L - Carnitine)
Muscle Twitching Legs
More questions for: Minocycline hydrochloride, Mitochondrial myopathy
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Minocycline caused iih
(Posted by a 26 year old woman who has Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension, and takes Minocycline Hydrochloride)
Took minocycline for 3 months for treatment of my acne . I then suffer with bleeds behind my eyes causes by iih . Everyone was quick to jump to the fact that it was minocycline that caused the iih and that doctors do know if the alarming rate of this condition happening in patients being treated for ...
- Bleeding with minocycline
(Posted by a 75 year old woman who has Bleeding, and takes Minocycline Hydrochloride)
I noticed vaginal bleeding on the 3rd day of taking minocycline- prescribed after having a mohs
surgery on leg
- Prialt warning this drug is dangerous
(Posted by a 52 year old woman who has Mitochondrial Myopathy, Myasthenia Gravis, and takes Prialt)
THIS DRUG IS DANGEROUS, IT MADE MY NEUROPATHY WORSE. SEVERE HEADACHE, PAIN? HALLUCINATED , WAS HEARING SOUNDS IN MY HEAD. I WAS ON THIS DRUG FOR A FEW WEEKS AND HAVE HAD IT OFF FOR A WEEK NOW AND STILL HAVE SIDE EFFECTS. PLEASE THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU TRY THIS DRUG, I'M SCARED THE SIDE EFFECTS WONT G ...
More reviews for: Minocycline hydrochloride, Mitochondrial myopathy
- A study of side effects of Minocycline Hydrochloride for a patient with Acne. The patient has Hodgkin's Disease Nodular Sclerosis Stage Iv (cancer originating from white blood cells- stage iv), Acne (skin problems that cause pimples)
Comments: I started taking Minocycline to treat my moderate acne on my cheeks. After about three weeks, I started feeling swollen lymph nodes and I thought it was normal for it is a possible side effect. As it continuously got worse, I went to the doctor to get checked about 1 1/2 months after I started the t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Lasix, Metformin, Levoxyl, Adderall 20, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Methocarbamol, Baclofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Depression, Acne Cystic, Anxiety Disorder, Edema, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Hypothyroidism, Add, Sleep Disorder, Neck Pain. The patient has
Comments: My WBC count has been low for 4mos now. I'm lethargic, having problems sleeping & still experiencing a tremendous amount of pain (which I believe it has to do with the congenital lipoma on my brain stem-I've had excruciating pain as long as I can remember.)
- A study of side effects of Minocycline Hydrochloride for a patient with Rosacea. The patient has Hyperpigmentation (darkening of an area of skin or nails caused by increased melanin)
Comments: Took tetracycline starting in 1966 (250 mg/day) for cystic acne until 1984. Increased dosage over years to 1000 mg/day. Took Accutane in 1984 had remission for 18 months. Cystic acne returned and took erythromycin for 1yr.
Took another dose of Accutane and developed sever case of Rosacea. Had t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Augmentin '875', Minocycline Hydrochloride for a patient with Hypertension, Mrsa Infection, Mass In The Abdomen. The patient has Fistula In Abdomen For 22 Months,, Mrsa Infection In Abdomen Causing Abcesses
Comments: Since I've been on these two antibiotics, I've gained 30 lbs. in 3 months. I recently went on 1000 calorie a day diet and after 15 days gained a pound. (I promise I didn't cheat). I don't know if condition is cured but doubtful. Fistula continuously drains pus and blood. Have had surgery three ti ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cholestyramine, Alpha-Lipoic Acid Extract, CoQ-10, Malarone, Artemisia, Horse Chestnut, DHA, Enzyme Therapy, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Probiotics, Magnesium Oxide, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, Same, L-methylfolate, Albenza, Promethazine, Mepron, Stromectol, Flagyl, Bactrim, Doxycycline, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin, Tramadol, Klonopin, Vyvanse for a patient with Lyme, Lyme, Bartonellosis, Lyme Related Gi, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Parasitic Infection, Nausea And Vomiting, Babesiosis (co-infection Of Lyme), Parasitic Infection, Skin Atrophy Due To Late-stage Lyme, Neuroborreliosis, Depression - Diseased Induced, Pain, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition. The patient has
Comments: Do not take all drugs listed at same time. Am on "pulse therapy" with antimacrobials. Do not take coq10 when on Mepron/malarone. Take Florastor probiotic 2x's a day to fight c.diff & other probiotics. Also take FiberSmart, DigestSmart, & slippery elm, marshmallow root for GI regularity. Drink at ...
More related studies for: Minocycline hydrochloride, Mitochondrial myopathy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.