Home > Minocycline hydrochloride > Mood swings > Minocycline hydrochloride and Mood swings
Review: could Minocycline hydrochloride cause Mood swings?
Summary: Mood swings is reported only by a few people who take Minocycline hydrochloride.
We study 1,487 people who have side effects while taking Minocycline hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Mood swings. Find out below who they are, when they have Mood swings and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Minocycline hydrochloride and have Mood swings >>>
Minocycline hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 1,813 users) has active ingredients of minocycline hydrochloride. It is often used in acne.
Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) (latest reports from 121,885 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, birth control, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 1,487 people reported to have side effects when taking Minocycline hydrochloride. Among them, 3 people (0.20%) have Mood Swings.
Time on Minocycline hydrochloride when people have Mood swings * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mood swings||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mood swings when taking Minocycline hydrochloride * :
|Mood swings||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Mood swings when taking Minocycline hydrochloride * :
|Mood swings||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Mood swings when taking Minocycline hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Mood swings||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Mood swings ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Weight loss (1 people, 33.33%)
- Birth control (1 people, 33.33%)
- Add (1 people, 33.33%)
- Mood stabilizer (1 people, 33.33%)
- Acne (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Melatonin (1 people, 33.33%)
- Adderall 30 (1 people, 33.33%)
- Accutane (1 people, 33.33%)
- Pce (1 people, 33.33%)
- Lamictal (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mood Swings while taking Minocycline Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Minocycline hydrochloride and have Mood Swings
- support group for people who take Minocycline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Mood Swings
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Did anyone get swollen lymph nodes or lymphoma during/after taking minocycline?
(Asked by a 19 year old girl who has Hodgkin's Disease, and takes Minocycline Hydrochloride)
After 3 weeks of taking Minocycline to treat my moderate acne, I started feeling swollen lymph nodes. I thought it was normal because it was on the list of possible side effects but after it gradually got worse I did exams and a biopsy and found out I had lymphoma (Hodgkin's).
- Increased serum zinc 552(nr 46-150) and raised serum copper 180nr(76-152) in vitiligo patient(nr
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Vitiligo, and takes Minocycline Hydrochloride, Ergamisol)
3 yrs duration of acral vitiligo ....and 1 yr duration of hypothyroidism
with raised serum zinc 552(46-150) and slightly elevated serum copper 180(76-152)
what should be done?
- My wife of 14 years is seeing people following her. also i cant leave my home without being accused of multiple women
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Hallucinations Paranoia, Mood Swings, Rubbing Her Nose, and takes Marijuana, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen)
my wife thinks people are following her. she also thinks when i go to work i'm seeing a woman. if i sit at home i'm going to the neighbors and seeing a woman. i cannot leave my home or go to work without her accusing me.
- Has it been determined if any of these people with ideations actually completed suicide.
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Mood Swings, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Xanax)
This information is about my late husband. He was only on Wellbutrin 5 months, but I believe it is why he completed suicide. Has anyone loss someone while being on this medication?
- Will i gain weight taking 300 mg wellbutrin, 60mg of adderall, and 300mg of lamictal?
(Asked by a 26 year old woman who has Depression, ADD, Mood Swings, and takes Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Adderall 30)
Hi, I take 300 mg of lamictal, 60 mg of adderall, and 1/2 -2 mg of klonopin a day. My Dr just added 300 mg of wellbutrin to the mix. My body is so prone to weight gain on many medications and I'm concerned that adding the wellbutrin may do this. When he I.creased my dose of lamictal 2 months ago, I ...
More questions for: Minocycline hydrochloride, Mood swings
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lo loestrin and breast plate pain
(Posted by a 33 year old man who has Severe Acne And Facial Cysts, Mood Swings, Costochondritis, and takes Lo Loestrin Fe)
This has to be the worst birth control I have ever taken. I felt like two different people. I turned into a lunatic when I was in my cycle - which I never knew when I was on my cycle because I bled for two days here, four days there, 5 days another time. I never knew when I was going to bleed. My fa ...
- Minocycline caused iih
(Posted by a 26 year old woman who has Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension, and takes Minocycline Hydrochloride)
Took minocycline for 3 months for treatment of my acne . I then suffer with bleeds behind my eyes causes by iih . Everyone was quick to jump to the fact that it was minocycline that caused the iih and that doctors do know if the alarming rate of this condition happening in patients being treated for ...
- Bleeding with minocycline
(Posted by a 75 year old woman who has Bleeding, and takes Minocycline Hydrochloride)
I noticed vaginal bleeding on the 3rd day of taking minocycline- prescribed after having a mohs
surgery on leg
More reviews for: Minocycline hydrochloride, Mood swings
- A study of side effects of Minocycline Hydrochloride for a patient with Acne. The patient has Hodgkin's Disease Nodular Sclerosis Stage Iv (cancer originating from white blood cells- stage iv), Acne (skin problems that cause pimples)
Comments: I started taking Minocycline to treat my moderate acne on my cheeks. After about three weeks, I started feeling swollen lymph nodes and I thought it was normal for it is a possible side effect. As it continuously got worse, I went to the doctor to get checked about 1 1/2 months after I started the t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Lasix, Metformin, Levoxyl, Adderall 20, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Methocarbamol, Baclofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Depression, Acne Cystic, Anxiety Disorder, Edema, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Hypothyroidism, Add, Sleep Disorder, Neck Pain. The patient has
Comments: My WBC count has been low for 4mos now. I'm lethargic, having problems sleeping & still experiencing a tremendous amount of pain (which I believe it has to do with the congenital lipoma on my brain stem-I've had excruciating pain as long as I can remember.)
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Sertraline, Abilify, Truvada, Prezista for a patient with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Depression, Major Depression, Hiv. The patient has Anger, Depression, Forgetfulness, Rapid Heart Beat, Dizziness, Mood Swings, Diarrhea
Comments: I cant control my anger..I have severe mood swings and lash out at people.I know that I feel like everyone is against me and trying to mess with my head.i don't want to get out of bed and I have a hard time functioning doing daily tasks.I get different feelings when im around others such as anxiety, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Requip for a patient with Allergic Sinusitis, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Mood Swings
Comments: I've always had mood swings and have suffered with depression throughout my life. Recently I started taking Benadryl at night to help with allergies. I found that it helped me sleep better also. I'm not sure if I'm just noticing that I may have a mood disorder that's always been there or if it is ca ...
- A study of drug interactions between Dilaudid, Klonopin, Zonisamide, Lamictal for a patient with Chronic Pain, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Joint Pain, Mood Swings, Loss Of Bladder Control, Sudden Onset Of Sleep, Seizure - Generalized
Comments: Seizures began 2 years after a MVA with a mild concussion, as Grand Mal. They reduced in severity to absence seizures with current medication regimen. I experience severe mood swings and have become so agitated I was committed to a mental health facility for evaluation at one time. Recently I awoke ...
More related studies for: Minocycline hydrochloride, Mood swings
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.