Review: could Minocycline hydrochloride cause Sjogren's syndrome?
Summary: Sjogren's syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Minocycline hydrochloride.
We study 1,490 people who have side effects while taking Minocycline hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Sjogren's syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Minocycline hydrochloride and have Sjogren's syndrome >>>
Minocycline hydrochloride has active ingredients of minocycline hydrochloride. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Minocycline hydrochloride 1,818 users)
Sjogren's syndrome (a disease that causes dryness in the mouth and eyes) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteopenia, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Sjogren's syndrome 2,452 patients)
On Dec, 6, 2014: 1,490 people reported to have side effects when taking Minocycline hydrochloride. Among them, 1 people (0.07%) has Sjogren's Syndrome.
Time on Minocycline hydrochloride when people have Sjogren's syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Sjogren's syndrome when taking Minocycline hydrochloride * :
|Sjogren's syndrome||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Sjogren's syndrome when taking Minocycline hydrochloride * :
|Sjogren's syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Sjogren's syndrome when taking Minocycline hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Sjogren's syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sjogren's Syndrome while taking Minocycline Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Minocycline hydrochloride and have Sjogren's Syndrome
- support group for people who take Minocycline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Sjogren's Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Minocycline hydrochloride, Sjogren's syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Minocycline caused iih
Took minocycline for 3 months for treatment of my acne . I then suffer with bleeds behind my eyes causes by iih . Everyone was quick to jump to the fact that it was minocycline that caused the iih and that doctors do know if the alarming rate of this condition happening in patients being treated for acne , yet no one will take the blame for it ! Very upset about it all as in now basically disabled !
- Bleeding with minocycline
I noticed vaginal bleeding on the 3rd day of taking minocycline- prescribed after having a mohs
surgery on leg
More reviews for: Minocycline hydrochloride, Sjogren's syndrome
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I started taking Minocycline to treat my moderate acne on my cheeks. After about three weeks, I started feeling swollen lymph nodes and I thought it was normal for it is a possible side effect. As it continuously got worse, I went to the doctor to get checked about 1 1/2 months after I started the t ...
- My WBC count has been low for 4mos now. I'm lethargic, having problems sleeping & still experiencing a tremendous amount of pain (which I believe it has to do with the congenital lipoma on my brain stem-I've had excruciating pain as long as I can remember.)
- I have chiari (decompressed), Syringomyelia, Intracranial hypertension, Tethered cord (surgery), CranioCervical Instability, Ehlers Danlos with mixed connective tissue disorder, crohns, afib, superventricular tachycardia and mast cell activation disorder
- Took tetracycline starting in 1966 (250 mg/day) for cystic acne until 1984. Increased dosage over years to 1000 mg/day. Took Accutane in 1984 had remission for 18 months. Cystic acne returned and took erythromycin for 1yr.
Took another dose of Accutane and developed sever case of Rosacea. Had t ...
- Since I've been on these two antibiotics, I've gained 30 lbs. in 3 months. I recently went on 1000 calorie a day diet and after 15 days gained a pound. (I promise I didn't cheat). I don't know if condition is cured but doubtful. Fistula continuously drains pus and blood. Have had surgery three ti ...
More related studies for: Minocycline hydrochloride, Sjogren's syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.