Review: could Minocycline hydrochloride cause Stool softener needs (Constipation)?
Summary: Stool softener needs is found among people who take Minocycline hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Norvasc, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 1,498 people who have side effects while taking Minocycline hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Stool softener needs. Find out below who they are, when they have Stool softener needs and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Minocycline hydrochloride and have Stool softener needs >>>
Minocycline hydrochloride has active ingredients of minocycline hydrochloride. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from 1,825 Minocycline hydrochloride users)
Stool softener needs
Stool softener needs has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 80,434 Stool softener needs patients)
On Mar, 10, 2015: 1,498 people reported to have side effects when taking Minocycline hydrochloride. Among them, 15 people (1.00%) have Stool Softener Needs.
Time on Minocycline hydrochloride when people have Stool softener needs * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stool softener needs||25.00%||37.50%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50% |
Gender of people who have Stool softener needs when taking Minocycline hydrochloride * :
|Stool softener needs||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Stool softener needs when taking Minocycline hydrochloride * :
|Stool softener needs||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.33%||6.67%||20.00%||20.00%||40.00% |
Severity of Stool softener needs when taking Minocycline hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stool softener needs||0.00%||40.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Stool softener needs ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stool softener needs||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (3 people, 20.00%)
- Acne (2 people, 13.33%)
- Constipation (2 people, 13.33%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 13.33%)
- Depression (2 people, 13.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Norvasc (3 people, 20.00%)
- Actonel (3 people, 20.00%)
- Tacrolimus (3 people, 20.00%)
- Lasix (3 people, 20.00%)
- Lansoprazole (2 people, 13.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stool Softener Needs while taking Minocycline Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Minocycline hydrochloride and have Stool Softener Needs
- support group for people who take Minocycline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Stool Softener Needs
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin for a 63-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder, Depression. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Iron Dextran, B-12, Calcium Citrate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Invega, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Protein Malnutrition, Cystic Acne, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 2. The patient has Musculoskeletal Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Musculoskeletal Stiffness
- A study of side effects of Aspirin for a 28-year old woman with Primary Polycythemia. The patient has Constipation
- A study of side effects of Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride for a 17-year old girl with Acne. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix, Metformin for a 38-year old woman with Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Passed Out, Diabetes. The patient has Constipation, Bloating, Painful Urination, Pain - Leg, Unable To Get Pregnant, Unable To Concentrate, Passed Out
Recent Minocycline hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.