Minocycline hydrochloride and Mood swings - from FDA reports
Mood swings is reported only by a few people who take Minocycline Hydrochloride. We study 1,699 people who have side effects while taking Minocycline hydrochloride from FDA. Among them, 4 have Mood swings. Find out below who they are, when they have Mood swings and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 28, 2017
1,699 people reported to have side effects when taking Minocycline hydrochloride.
Among them, 4 people (0.24%) have Mood swings
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Mood swings when taking Minocycline hydrochloride *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Mood swings when taking Minocycline hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type 2 Lepra Reaction (1 person, 25.00%)
- Lepromatous Leprosy (1 person, 25.00%)
- Leishmaniasis (1 person, 25.00%)
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (1 person, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zenatane (1 person, 25.00%)
- Mitoxantrone (1 person, 25.00%)
- Fingolimod (1 person, 25.00%)
- Enbrel (1 person, 25.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nervous System Disorder (2 people, 50.00%)
- Motor Dysfunction (2 people, 50.00%)
- Depression (2 people, 50.00%)
- Type 2 Lepra Reaction (1 person, 25.00%)
- Drug Ineffective (1 person, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Mood swings when taking Minocycline hydrochloride?
- Check symptoms - is mood swings caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMood swings and drugs with ingredients of minocycline hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMood swings and Minocycline hydrochloride from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Minocycline hydrochloride has active ingredients of minocycline hydrochloride. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Minocycline hydrochloride 2,325 users)
Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) has been reported by people with depression, birth control, quit smoking, pain (latest reports from 43,338 Mood swings patients).
Browse all side effects of Minocycline hydrochloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Mood swingsMood swings
Could your condition cause Mood swingsMood swings
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My 16-year-old daughter developed tremors in her arms and legs after taking minocycline for two weeks. Doctors hypothesized that there was another pathogen present in her body that ran from the minocycline and went to hide in her nervous system. Within two weeks it was discovered that she has ...
User reviews to the study
Hi , I started taking 100 mg twice a day of minocycline 3 weeks ago. Last week I started having bad headaches that are a lot better this week. This week I started having double vision and a whooshing in my ears that I hear mostly at night. I've had a cat scan that was normal. I went to my eye ...
Hi. My name is Christy. My husband has diabetes type 2 and was recently put on janumet. He is NOT the same person. He is usually VERY fun loving, positive, a family jokester and just never gets mad or blows up for minor things. I noticed his personality seemed so different a couple of days ...
I took Plan B one step 5 and ago and for the last 4 days I've felt terrible emotionally. I'm grateful that I don't have any physical symptoms but at the same time I'm really upset and want his to be over soon. I don't want to tell my friends I took the medication so I feel pretty alone.