Review: could Minoxidil cause Cholesterol (High Blood Cholesterol)?
Summary: Cholesterol is found among people who take Minoxidil, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Lipitor, and have Alopecia.
We study 2,810 people who have side effects while taking Minoxidil from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Cholesterol. Find out below who they are, when they have Cholesterol and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Minoxidil and have Cholesterol >>>
Minoxidil has active ingredients of minoxidil. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from Minoxidil 2,894 users)
Cholesterol has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, osteopenia.(latest reports from Cholesterol 171,209 patients)
On Nov, 22, 2014: 2,808 people reported to have side effects when taking Minoxidil. Among them, 19 people (0.68%) have Cholesterol.
Time on Minoxidil when people have Cholesterol * :
Age of people who have Cholesterol when taking Minoxidil * :
Severity of Cholesterol when taking Minoxidil ** :
How people recovered from Cholesterol ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Alopecia (1 people, 5.26%)
- Multiple myeloma (1 people, 5.26%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (1 people, 5.26%)
- Diabetes mellitus (1 people, 5.26%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (1 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (13 people, 68.42%)
- Norvasc (13 people, 68.42%)
- Omeprazole (13 people, 68.42%)
- Chlorhexidine gluconate (12 people, 63.16%)
- Augmentin '125' (12 people, 63.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cholesterol while taking Minoxidil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Minoxidil and have Cholesterol
- support group for people who take Minoxidil
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is invokana same family as anakinra/if so, what are their functions?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, and takes Invokana)
I have tinnitus (left ear-14 yrs). Don't want to take (drug) that might be ototoxic. thanks
- Can i get constipation from plavix several months down the road?
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol)
Doctor put me on Plavix to reduce Cholesterol. What I think happened was several months later after starting, I got bad constipation from the drug. Doctor can't understand - it sounds like he thinks the side effects should have happened when I started the med and to have this kind of side effect la ...
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Potassium - Low, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, and takes Simvastatin, Losartan, Hctz)
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
More questions for: Minoxidil, Cholesterol
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- 5 years on rogaine use
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Melanoma, and takes Rogaine)
Im uncertain if any connection but I have been using Rogaine Foam for approx 5 years and early last year i developed a Melanoma directly in the area of use.
I am curious to see if many others have had similar experiences.
For the record my yearly checkup caught the Melanoma early and it was re ...
- Minoxidil (vesicular eczema)
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Vesicular Eczema, and takes Minoxidil)
I began using topical Minoxidil and noticed about one month later small round fluid filled blisters on one finger on my left hand. The blisters were tender and I felt relief when I popped them. The skin inside was tender for a few days until it dried out. Then I developed the same blisters on one fi ...
- Happened to me- allergic reaction to rogaine
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Rogaine)
Within the first week of usage, I began to have leg cramps, facial swelling, tightness of breath, chest pain, anxiety, and chronic headaches. Even with allergy medicines and aspirin, nothing seemed to help. At first, I felt it was though it was just simple allergies until I woke up one morning with ...
- Lump in throat, swallowing problems, reflux
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Simvastatin)
After 3 months, my total cholesterol went way down, but developed terrible throat problems. Like an ever-present lump that made it difficult to swallow. At night, discomfort with acid going up and down my throat all night, making it hard to sleep and breathe. Stopped taking Simvastatin on my own ...
- Allergic reaction to lipitor
(Posted by a 52 year old man who has Cardiovascular Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Atorvastatin Calcium)
Took 10mg of Atorvastatin for 3 days to reduce choldesterol LDL below 100. I felt peculiar from the first day, however by the 3rd dosage day I came home from work in a state of extreme pain in my hands and limbs. This rather quickly became systemic and I was unable to get out of bed. I was beyond ...
More reviews for: Minoxidil, Cholesterol
- A study of side effects of Aspirin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Blood Cholesterol, Elevated Mood, Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes)
Comments: After taking Lipitor, then taking Crestor combined with Niaspan, I began to feel muscle and joint pain. Doctor decided to check my CK levels and found them to be highly elevated and told me to stop taking everything and to drink lots of water.Muscle biopsy was inconclusive but showed some symptoms o ...
- A study of drug interactions between Minoxidil, Clonazepam, Ritalin for a patient with Loss Of Hair, Insomnia, Ple. The patient has Fear Of Crowded Places, Anxiety
Comments: It has been almost two months that abovementoined symptoms have occurred. I am, particularly at night, afraid that if I make sound, people or neighbours may become upset. When I hear something, even the sound of elevator, I jump and think that they are coming to warn me that I did something that dis ...
- A study of side effects of Rogaine for a patient with Loss Of Hair. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Sebum plugs on scalp,eyebrows,eyelashes,facial hair and all over non facialhair areas such as nose and forehead. The sebum plugs causes My hair to fallout and no visibel regrowth is occuring. My face is really oily and I have flakes/dandruff all over My face. No dandruff on My scalp. This all occure ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Krill Oil, Cymbalta, Effexor, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a patient with Pain - Back, High Blood Cholesterol, Chronic Pain, Stress And Anxiety, Psoriasis. The patient has Body Temperature, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Muscle Cramps, Blood Cholesterol, Muscle Pain, Vision Problems, Exhaustion, Weight Bearing Difficulty, Depression, Skin - Dry, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue - Chronic, Stress And Anxiety, Autoimmune Disorder
Comments: Took synthroid after birth of daugther, 12 years ago. Eventually came off synthroid while takine kelp and selenium. Joint aches and pains, especially knees and elbows. TSH 4.22, which has doubled since starting methotrexate.
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone And Acetaminophen for a patient with Headache - Migraine Without Aura. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol
Comments: I have been using oxy/aceta for 3 plus yearsI only take one or two per week for really bad migraines - last year my LDL cholestrol was 170 - this week it is 201 - never, ever has my ldl been that high - it seemed to start rising with the Imitrex in 1996 ( two yrs after taking it) now it is throug ...
More related studies for: Minoxidil, Cholesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.