Home > Minoxidil > Dementia > Minoxidil and Dementia
Review: could Minoxidil cause Dementia?
We study 2,808 people who have side effects while taking Minoxidil from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Dementia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dementia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Minoxidil and have Dementia >>>
Minoxidil (latest outcomes from 2,890 users) has active ingredients of minoxidil. It is often used in hair loss.
Dementia (madness) (latest reports from 45,314 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 2,808 people reported to have side effects when taking Minoxidil. Among them, 13 people (0.46%) have Dementia.
Time on Minoxidil when people have Dementia * :
Age of people who have Dementia when taking Minoxidil * :
Severity of Dementia when taking Minoxidil ** :
How people recovered from Dementia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (3 people, 23.08%)
- Ill-defined disorder (2 people, 15.38%)
- Sleep disorder (2 people, 15.38%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 15.38%)
- Convulsion (1 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Norvasc (9 people, 69.23%)
- Neurontin (9 people, 69.23%)
- Atenolol (8 people, 61.54%)
- Dexamethasone (8 people, 61.54%)
- Furosemide (8 people, 61.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dementia while taking Minoxidil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Minoxidil and have Dementia
- support group for people who take Minoxidil
- support group for people who have Dementia
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Any reports on side effects from using topical minoxidil such as vertigo and severe joint paiin
Had used the topical solution of minoxidil, rogaine for about 8-9 months , did not regrow hair, but since then I've been experiencing severe joint aches on feet, knees,arms,neck and shoulders. Also severe vertigo dizziness when I first lie down. I do to be honest have had a problem with back and sho ...
- Did you use minoxidol 2% before being diagnosed with breast cancer
I am wondering whether there is a relationship between the use of tranquillizers for 35 years and Rogaine for about 15 years. I only use the Rogaine 2% once in the morning and diazepam 5 mg as needed. I have generalized anxiety disorder. Diagnosed and treated for breast cancer type 2 in 2010... stil ...
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus & metoclopramide
My Mom while recovering from a hip fracture in a rehab center was given Metoclopramide for 2 days when she suddenly (about 2-3 hours after her dose of metoclopramide at lunch time) became completely disoriented,lethargic and could not speak. She could barely swallow, and could not drink liquids even ...
- Does aricept shorten life expectancy? i am a 61 year old women with mild dementia.
I have rcently been diagnosed with mild dementia and have been started on a low dose of aricept (25 mg daily). Will it shorten my life expectancy at all? Is there any research?
- I have an enlarged prostate is rogain bad for my prostate
I just started using Rogain and have noticed a reduction in urine flow
- Aricept back pain severe
Both the neurologist and internist agreed on giving me aricept. I began with 5 mg about 4/17/13 and went up to 10 mg one month later. I've had excruciating back pains for the past 2 months & never thought it could be from the aricept. I had cortisone injections into my lower back on 6/18/13, which h ...
- Minoxidil racing my heart beat can i continue using it?
I am using Equate Extra Strength For Men Hair Regrowth, this usage increasing my hear rate, nit very serious, can I continue using it? I want my hair back. Please advice.
More questions for: Minoxidil, Dementia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- 5 years on rogaine use
Im uncertain if any connection but I have been using Rogaine Foam for approx 5 years and early last year i developed a Melanoma directly in the area of use.
I am curious to see if many others have had similar experiences.
For the record my yearly checkup caught the Melanoma early and it was re ...
- Minoxidil (vesicular eczema)
I began using topical Minoxidil and noticed about one month later small round fluid filled blisters on one finger on my left hand. The blisters were tender and I felt relief when I popped them. The skin inside was tender for a few days until it dried out. Then I developed the same blisters on one fi ...
- Happened to me- allergic reaction to rogaine
Within the first week of usage, I began to have leg cramps, facial swelling, tightness of breath, chest pain, anxiety, and chronic headaches. Even with allergy medicines and aspirin, nothing seemed to help. At first, I felt it was though it was just simple allergies until I woke up one morning with ...
More reviews for: Minoxidil, Dementia
On eHealthMe, Minoxidil (minoxidil) is often used for hair loss. Find out below the conditions Minoxidil is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Minoxidil used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Minoxidil, Dementia
Recent Minoxidil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clonidine Hydrochloride, Minoxidil for a 50-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Minoxidil, Tacrolimus for a 28-year old man who has Kidney Transplant
- Comparions of Minoxidil, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 62-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Management
- Comparions of Minoxidil (Mutual Pharm) - 10MG, Nifedipine (Biovail) - 60MG for a 50-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Propecia (Merck) - 1MG, Aspirin, Rogaine Extra Strength (for Men) (Johnson And Johnson) - 5% for a 31-year old man who has Hair Loss
- Comparions of Rogaine Extra Strength (for Men) (Johnson And Johnson) - 5%, Propecia (Merck) - 1MG for a 27-year old man who has Male Pattern Baldness
- Comparions of Minoxidil, Triamcinolone Acetonide (Parnell) - 3MG/ML for a 15-year old boy who has Male Pattern Baldness
- Comparions of Minoxidil (for Men) (Teva) - 2%, Propecia (Merck) - 1MG for a 27-year old man who has Male Pattern Baldness
- Comparions of Minoxidil (Watson Labs) - 10MG, Finasteride (Dr Reddys Labs Inc) - 1MG for a 35-year old man who has Hair Loss
- Comparions of Atripla, Minoxidil (Watson Labs) - 10MG for a 44-year old man who has Hiv Infection
More related comparison studies for: Minoxidil, Dementia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.