Minoxidil and Hirsutism - from FDA reports
Hirsutism is found among people who take Minoxidil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Accutane, and have Hypothyroidism. This review analyzes which people have Hirsutism with Minoxidil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,712 people who have side effects when taking Minoxidil from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
4,712 people reported to have side effects when taking Minoxidil.
Among them, 86 people (1.83%) have Hirsutism
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Minoxidil when people have Hirsutism *:
- < 1 month: 7.41 %
- 1 - 6 months: 55.56 %
- 6 - 12 months: 11.11 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 18.52 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.41 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hirsutism when taking Minoxidil *:
- female: 91.86 %
- male: 8.14 %
Age of people who have Hirsutism when taking Minoxidil *:
- 0-1: 8.06 %
- 2-9: 4.84 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 4.84 %
- 30-39: 27.42 %
- 40-49: 17.74 %
- 50-59: 6.45 %
- 60+: 30.65 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hypothyroidism (10 people, 11.63%)
- Insomnia (6 people, 6.98%)
- Supplementation Therapy (5 people, 5.81%)
- Nervousness (4 people, 4.65%)
- Depression (3 people, 3.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Accutane (11 people, 12.79%)
- Synthroid (10 people, 11.63%)
- Zopiclone (6 people, 6.98%)
- Serzone (4 people, 4.65%)
- Lasix (4 people, 4.65%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (17 people, 19.77%)
- Insomnia (14 people, 16.28%)
- Bone Pain (14 people, 16.28%)
- Disturbance In Attention (13 people, 15.12%)
- Lip Dry (11 people, 12.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hirsutism when taking Minoxidil?
- Check symptoms - is hirsutism caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHirsutism and drugs with ingredients of minoxidil.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHirsutism and Minoxidil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Minoxidil has active ingredients of minoxidil. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from Minoxidil 4,933 users)
Hirsutism (abnormal growth of hair on a person's face and body, esp. on a woman) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, hair loss, epilepsy, depression (latest reports from 2,673 Hirsutism patients).
Browse all side effects of Minoxidila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HirsutismHirsutism
Could your condition cause HirsutismHirsutism
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been using this Hair Regrowth Treatment for about 8 years and have begun to realize that during the same 8 years I have had a dramatic increase in UTI's. I am reacting badly to all of the antibiotics designed to treat UTI's so I need to figure out what is causing them rather than trying ...
User reviews to the study
I want off this drug! B.P. is high again after a month on minoxidil, goes higher if I skip a dose(197/105), can't sleep and when I do, awaken with strong tremor in arms and legs. Been taking oral minoxidil for 1 month. Anyone else experiencing this? I try to go back to sleep but restless legs ...
Hello everybody I take 5% rogaine for 5 months and from two months of use I had a tachycardia and I reduced to an application a day and I took some tablets of atenolol and from 4 Month I start to lose my hair my question is what my hair will grow back ?? Because I had good result with rogaine