Minoxidil and Prostate cancer - from FDA reports
Prostate cancer is reported only by a few people who take Minoxidil. We study 4,712 people who have side effects while taking Minoxidil from FDA. Among them, 5 have Prostate cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Prostate cancer and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
4,712 people reported to have side effects when taking Minoxidil.
Among them, 5 people (0.11%) have Prostate cancer
Number of reports submitted per year:
Age of people who have Prostate cancer when taking Minoxidil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (4 people, 80.00%)
- Blood Pressure Management (4 people, 80.00%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (1 person, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Simvastatin (4 people, 80.00%)
- Optimark (4 people, 80.00%)
- Omniscan (4 people, 80.00%)
- Diovan (4 people, 80.00%)
- Metoprolol Tartrate (1 person, 20.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (5 people, 100.00%)
- Stress And Anxiety (5 people, 100.00%)
- Activities Of Daily Living Impaired (5 people, 100.00%)
- Helicobacter Infection (4 people, 80.00%)
- Cyst (4 people, 80.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Prostate cancer when taking Minoxidil?
- Check symptoms - is prostate cancer caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsProstate cancer and drugs with ingredients of minoxidil.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeProstate cancer and Minoxidil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Minoxidil has active ingredients of minoxidil. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from Minoxidil 4,933 users)
Prostate cancer has been reported by people with prostate cancer, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 57,269 Prostate cancer patients).
Browse all side effects of Minoxidila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Prostate cancerProstate cancer
Could your condition cause Prostate cancerProstate cancer
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been using this Hair Regrowth Treatment for about 8 years and have begun to realize that during the same 8 years I have had a dramatic increase in UTI's. I am reacting badly to all of the antibiotics designed to treat UTI's so I need to figure out what is causing them rather than trying ...
User reviews to the study
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
I have had prostate cancer since 2008 and use various Chinese herbs and CF IP6 & Inositol. Now I find out that I have hypothyroidism - and probably have had it for decades! I am taking levothyroxine .075mg. Internet re thyroid warns against green vegetables, etc, and internet re prostate ...
I'm here bc my uncle very recently was diagnosed w/prostate cancer & is sure that mercaptopurine is the culprit. He has Crohn's & his doctor told him to double his dose 2 years ago. I'm just looking for others who may have had a similar experience as I know this is troubling him a great deal & I ...