Review: could Miralax cause Abdominal pain?
Summary: Abdominal pain is found among people who take Miralax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Constipation.
We study 9,033 people who have side effects while taking Miralax from FDA and social media. Among them, 559 have Abdominal pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Miralax and have Abdominal pain >>>
Miralax has active ingredients of polyethylene glycol 3350. It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from 9,284 Miralax users)
Abdominal pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 107,282 Abdominal pain patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 9,031 people reported to have side effects when taking Miralax. Among them, 573 people (6.34%) have Abdominal Pain.
Time on Miralax when people have Abdominal pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal pain||29.17%||8.33%||33.33%||8.33%||16.67%||4.17%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Miralax * :
|Abdominal pain||64.21%||35.79% |
Age of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Miralax * :
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||5.60%||6.80%||3.60%||13.80%||17.60%||16.60%||36.00% |
Severity of Abdominal pain when taking Miralax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal pain||16.67%||66.67%||16.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Abdominal pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Constipation (92 people, 16.06%)
- Pain (80 people, 13.96%)
- Anxiety (37 people, 6.46%)
- Depression (36 people, 6.28%)
- Nausea (34 people, 5.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (127 people, 22.16%)
- Protonix (126 people, 21.99%)
- Ambien (110 people, 19.20%)
- Zofran (109 people, 19.02%)
- Lasix (108 people, 18.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of miralax and abdominal pain on
Do you have Abdominal Pain while taking Miralax?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Miralax and have Abdominal Pain
- support group for people who take Miralax
- support group for people who have Abdominal Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Adderall 30 for a 21-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Fluticasone Propionate, Omeprazole for a 50-year old woman with Sinus Headache, Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Stomach Pain, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Singulair, Apple Cider Vinegar, Turmeric, Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Miralax, Magnesium Citrate, Inositol, Vitamin D, L-glutamine, Prednisone, Colazal, Humira for a 33-year old woman with Asthma, General Physical Condition, Inflammation, Abdominal Bloating, Liver Disorder, Constipation, Ulcerative Colitis.
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Singulair for a 6-year old girl with Constipation, Asthma.
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
Recent Miralax related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.