Home > Miralax > Abdominal pain > Miralax and Abdominal pain
Review: could Miralax cause Abdominal pain?
Summary: Abdominal pain is found among people who take Miralax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Constipation.
We study 9,020 people who have side effects while taking Miralax from FDA and social media. Among them, 559 have Abdominal pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Miralax and have Abdominal pain >>>
Miralax (latest outcomes from 9,268 users) has active ingredients of polyethylene glycol 3350. It is often used in constipation.
Abdominal pain (latest reports from 618,523 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, pain, depression.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 9,016 people reported to have side effects when taking Miralax. Among them, 572 people (6.34%) have Abdominal Pain.
Time on Miralax when people have Abdominal pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal pain||30.43%||8.70%||34.78%||8.70%||13.04%||4.35%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Miralax * :
|Abdominal pain||64.15%||35.85% |
Age of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Miralax * :
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||5.61%||6.81%||3.61%||13.63%||17.64%||16.63%||36.07% |
Severity of Abdominal pain when taking Miralax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal pain||20.00%||60.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Abdominal pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Constipation (92 people, 16.08%)
- Pain (80 people, 13.99%)
- Anxiety (37 people, 6.47%)
- Depression (36 people, 6.29%)
- Nausea (34 people, 5.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (127 people, 22.20%)
- Protonix (126 people, 22.03%)
- Ambien (110 people, 19.23%)
- Zofran (109 people, 19.06%)
- Lasix (108 people, 18.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abdominal Pain while taking Miralax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Miralax and have Abdominal Pain
- support group for people who take Miralax
- support group for people who have Abdominal Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- What is better for motility. miralax or lactolose
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Gastric Hypermotility, Hard Feces, and takes Lactulose, Miralax)
what is easiest on guts had small bowel blockage recently and have diverticulitis
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Can i take ibuprofen when i'm on the medicine miralax to treat my massive head ache?
(Asked by a 17 year old girl who has Lower Abdominal Pain, Headache, Constipation, and takes Ibuprofen, Miralax)
I was recently told by a doctor that I was constipated and that I should take Miralax. I personally don't think I'm constipated. My lower abdomen hurts and so does my head. Every single time I sneeze or cough it hurts really bad! I want to know if I can take some ibuprofen to treat the pain. But I d ...
- Could prolonged methotrexate injections(for ra) in the fatty front of the abdomen cause stomach digestive muscles to weaken, thus contribution got gastoparesis?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Weight Loss, Stomach Pain, Vomiting, Nausea, , and takes Methotrexate)
I have had moderate to severe RA for six years, but have been weekly injecting methotrexate into the front fatty tissue on either side of my abdomen for two years (as a supplemental drug to biologics). Is it reasonable to inquire of the possibility that those injections weakened my digestive muscle ...
More questions for: Miralax, Abdominal pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Mirroralax causes b.p. spike
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Sudden Blood Pressure Increase, and takes Miralax)
Taking Mirroralax for three weeks. Noticed my B.P. Unusually. High 1 week ago, then last Sat. Right after taking the drug my B.P. Went to 186/101 - I am 65 yrs. old and never had this before. Called my Dr. Got bp medicene -stressed out trying to figure out what was the cause. Then yesterday
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Month Long Periods Or Longer, Menstrual Cramps, Mild Endometriosis , Uterine Cyst, Vaginal Swelling , Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods, Inclusion Cyst, Abdominal Pain, and takes Norethindrone Acetate, Paragard T 380a)
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so par ...
- Poisened by fenofibrate
(Posted by a 63 year old man who has Nausea And Vomiting, Loose Stools, Stomach Pain, and takes Fenofibrate)
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptom ...
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Chest Pain, Stomach Pain, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Pradaxa, Bisoprolol Fumarate)
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this wa ...
- Hair loss with miralax
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Pain Management, CRPS, and takes Miralax)
My hair started thinning out probably within a few weeks of starting Miralax on a daily basis. I continued taking it for approximately 6 months never thinking it was the Miralax. It being the only new drug I had been on, I looked on-line and immediately stopped taking it after seeing the side effect ...
More reviews for: Miralax, Abdominal pain
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Omeprazole, Restoril, Zofran, Butrans, Oxycodone for a patient with Ankylosing Spondylitis, Heartburn, Insomnia, Naseau. The patient has Pain - Back, Nausea, Stomach Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis back in 1982. I am also on Domperidone for Gastraparisis that I use to get from Canada, now I get from local compounding pharmacy. In the past few years I have gone from Methadone for the chronic pain of the AS, to the butrans patch. It seemed to help with ...
- A study of drug interactions between Butrans, Pantoprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Celexa, Topiramate, Roxicodone for a patient with Chronic Pain From Herniated Disks, Hiatal Hernea Symptoms: Acid Reflux, Depression, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Chronic Pain. The patient has Hernia - Hiatal, Constipation, Heartburn - Chronic, Abdominal Bloating, Abdominal Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with hiatal hernea 5 years ago via an endoscopy, which was done due to chronic complaints of the feeling of choking on "a ball of phlem in my throat", which turned out to be acid due to hernea. I have been taking pantoprazole nightly since then and it helps immensely. I have acid i ...
- A study of side effects of Miralax for a patient with Constipation. The patient has Autism Spectrum Disorder (developmental disabilities that can cause significant social, communication and behavioural challenges), Failure To Thrive (inadequate weight gain and physical growth in children), Encopresis (inability to control the elimination of stool)
Comments: My son started on this medication when he was 15 months old for chronic impaction, back when it was still available by prescription only. His pediatric gastroenterologist prescribed the full 17 gram dose daily. He took it until he was 4.5 years old. He frequently had encopresis, or a leakage of liqu ...
- A study of drug interactions between Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Cipro for a patient with Facial Swelling (lower Right Side, Next To Chin For An Unknown Reason Thought To Be A Blocked Salivary Gland). The patient has Itching, Itching, Abdominal Pain, Abdominal Cramps, Swollen Face, Swollen Lips, Swollen Tongue, Swollen Eyelid, Hives, Anaphylactic Shock
Comments: I went to the emergency room because I noticed that the bottom of my face was swollen on the right side next to my chin. I was not in any pain, but thought it was strange and because I had never noticed anything like that before. The doctor was not sure what was wrong with me, said he thought it was ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prezista, Norvir, Truvada for a patient with HIV. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Pain - Abdomen, Stabbing Pains In Head
Comments: I keep reporting not feeling right to my physician. I want to clarify the fatigue comes and goes. But my doctor tests consistently show elevated RBC, Hemoglobin, Bun/Creatine, AST, ALT levels; and low Sodium and Chloride Serum counts. I do have HCV, that was treated on the standard treatment for six ...
More related studies for: Miralax, Abdominal pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.