Review: could Miralax cause Anxiety?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 24, 2014)
Severity ratings: 4.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 9,001 people who take Miralax. Among them, 706 have Anxiety. See who they are, when they have Anxiety and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Miralax (latest outcomes from 9,237 users) has active ingredients of polyethylene glycol 3350. It is often used in constipation, irritable bowel syndrome. Commonly reported side effects of Miralax include pain exacerbated, pain relief by acupuncture, acupuncture and pain, pain, nausea.
Anxiety (latest reports from 1,274,757 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Feb, 8, 2014: 7,784 people reported to have side effects when taking Miralax. Among them, 709 people (9.11%) have Anxiety.
Time on Miralax when people have Anxiety * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anxiety when taking Miralax * :
Age of people who have Anxiety when taking Miralax * :
Severity of Anxiety when taking Miralax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anxiety ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (161 people, 22.71%)
- Constipation (113 people, 15.94%)
- Anxiety (81 people, 11.42%)
- Depression (80 people, 11.28%)
- Multiple myeloma (80 people, 11.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (350 people, 49.37%)
- Ambien (254 people, 35.83%)
- Protonix (240 people, 33.85%)
- Xanax (225 people, 31.73%)
- Aredia (219 people, 30.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Miralax, Anxiety
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Miralax (polyethylene glycol 3350) is often used for constipation. Find out below the conditions Miralax is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Miralax used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Miralax side effects from A to Z:
Browse Miralax drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Has anyone had these problems while using Miralax?
From this study (4 years ago):
Allergic/adverse reaction to bowel prep precipitated diagnoses for stroke, atrial fibrillation & renal insufficiency in less than 5 weeks.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Miralax, Anxiety
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Ocd / anxiety sufferer
I have the following 'fake' symptoms because of my OCD/anxiety:
- neck stiffness
- scalp pain
- memory problems
- Insomnia from warfarin sodium?
Knee replacement two months ago and taking coumadin (warfarin, 6 mg daily). Had problems sleeping at night I initially attributed to some discomfort with knee replacement. At rehab location for three weeks then came home. Hard time sleeping at night. Watch TV most of night. Some anxiety and would ...
- Hair loss with miralax
My hair started thinning out probably within a few weeks of starting Miralax on a daily basis. I continued taking it for approximately 6 months never thinking it was the Miralax. It being the only new drug I had been on, I looked on-line and immediately stopped taking it after seeing the side effect ...
More reviews for: Miralax, Anxiety
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Miralax for a patient with Constipation. The patient has Itching, Anxiety
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Methimazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Percocet, Zolpidem Tartrate, Heparin Sodium, Miralax for a patient with Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, Hyperthyroidism, Hypertension, Diuretic Effect, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Arthritis, Chronic Insomnia, Dehydration, Bowel Preparation. The patient has Renal Insufficiency, Constipation, Headache, Swelling Of Feet And Legs, Arthritis, Nausea And Vomiting, Ischaemic Stroke, Atrial Fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter), Back Pain, Back Stiffness, Rash (Rashes), Weight Decreased, Vitamin D Deficiency (Rickets), Tendonitis, Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Depression Nos, Stress And Anxiety, Cognitive Deterioration
More related studies for: Miralax, Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.