Miralax and Electrolyte depletion - from FDA reports
Electrolyte depletion is reported only by a few people who take Miralax. We study 35,362 people who have side effects while taking Miralax from FDA. Among them, 4 have Electrolyte depletion. Find out below who they are, when they have Electrolyte depletion and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 09, 2017
35,362 people reported to have side effects when taking Miralax.
Among them, 4 people (0.01%) have Electrolyte depletion
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Electrolyte depletion when taking Miralax *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Electrolyte depletion when taking Miralax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (1 person, 25.00%)
- Pain (1 person, 25.00%)
- Osteopenia (1 person, 25.00%)
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (1 person, 25.00%)
- Chest Pain (1 person, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fish Oil (2 people, 50.00%)
- Amoxicillin (2 people, 50.00%)
- Fluoxetine Hydrochloride (1 person, 25.00%)
- Ativan (1 person, 25.00%)
- Aspirin (1 person, 25.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (2 people, 50.00%)
- Memory Loss (2 people, 50.00%)
- Hyponatremia (2 people, 50.00%)
- Abdominal Pain (2 people, 50.00%)
- Thrombocytopenia (1 person, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Electrolyte depletion when taking Miralax?
- Check symptoms - is electrolyte depletion caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsElectrolyte depletion and drugs with ingredients of polyethylene glycol 3350.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeElectrolyte depletion and Miralax from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Miralax has active ingredients of polyethylene glycol 3350. It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from Miralax 35,961 users)
Electrolyte depletion (act of decreasing electrolyte markedly) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, gastroesophageal reflux disease, cardiac failure, depression, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 308 Electrolyte depletion patients).
Browse all side effects of Miralaxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Electrolyte depletionElectrolyte depletion
Could your condition cause Electrolyte depletionElectrolyte depletion
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have had hypothyroidism for about 15 years and even though I wasn't the best for taking my meds correctly I never really had a problem but that is until I was hospitalized in Feb. of 2017 for strep and the flu at the same time. The Dr. at the hospital upped my dosage from 200 mcg (which I had ...
User reviews to the study
I took Miralax daily for probably close to a year I already had suffered from anxiety and depression. It got progressively worse several months ago and I never correlated it with Miralax still giving it some research. Since then I have stopped except for taking it one time a couple weeks ago. ...
Diagnosis: SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) I took nine doses of Xifaxan (four days/two per day 550 mg each tablet) and stopped because of increased abdominal bloating and diarrhea. One to three days later I took a dose of Miralax for constipation. I may have taken a second ...
I have been using a generic Miralax daily for about 4 years now, and have recently developed tiny red spots on my lower legs. I take no the medication on a regular basis, and I have no other symptoms, so I am wondering if this could be a reaction to the Miralax.