Review: could Miralax cause High blood pressure?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 22, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.7/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 9,001 people who take Miralax. Among them, 489 have High blood pressure. See who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Miralax (latest outcomes from 9,237 users) has active ingredients of polyethylene glycol 3350. It is often used in constipation, irritable bowel syndrome. Commonly reported side effects of Miralax include pain exacerbated, pain relief by acupuncture, acupuncture and pain, pain, nausea.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,137,540 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Feb, 22, 2014: 7,784 people reported to have side effects when taking Miralax. Among them, 489 people (6.28%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Miralax when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||72.73%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||9.09%||0.00%||9.09% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Miralax * :
|High blood pressure||67.96%||32.04% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Miralax * :
|High blood pressure||0.86%||0.43%||4.94%||1.07%||5.15%||19.31%||20.82%||47.42% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Miralax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (91 people, 18.61%)
- Constipation (73 people, 14.93%)
- Hypertension (52 people, 10.63%)
- Multiple myeloma (47 people, 9.61%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (37 people, 7.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (138 people, 28.22%)
- Ambien (136 people, 27.81%)
- Prilosec (120 people, 24.54%)
- Xanax (115 people, 23.52%)
- Lasix (114 people, 23.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Miralax, High blood pressure
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Miralax (polyethylene glycol 3350) is often used for constipation. Find out below the conditions Miralax is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Miralax used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Miralax side effects from A to Z:
Browse Miralax drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Past distal injuries returning with increased pressure symptoms. Eye pain with movement. Increased pressure and pain with neck movement. Connective tissue disease - Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.
From this study (12 months ago):
My blood pressure has been higher than usual but after 2 days of taking Miralax it went up to 175/108.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Miralax, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
- High blood pressure and hot flashes
Had normalish hot flashes and night sweats since age 23. Genetically predestined for early menopause like my mother. At age 41-42 stopped menstrual cycle ...Hot flashes intensified to unbearable! would be outside in below freezing weather sweating like I was sitting in a sauna, I am now 45. I found ...
- Hair loss with miralax
My hair started thinning out probably within a few weeks of starting Miralax on a daily basis. I continued taking it for approximately 6 months never thinking it was the Miralax. It being the only new drug I had been on, I looked on-line and immediately stopped taking it after seeing the side effect ...
More reviews for: Miralax, High blood pressure
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Zyrtec, Fluconazole, Lansoprazole, Miralax, Lidoderm, Cardizem, Fioricet, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Relpax, Tylenol, Enbrel, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex Hfa, Xopenex, Singulair, Oxycodone, Baclofen, Aygestin, Vitamin D for a patient with Allergic Reactions, Allergic Sinusitis, Gerd, Constipation, Pain Management, Hypertension, Migraine With Aura, Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Dry Eye, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Endometriosis, Vitamin D Deficiency. The patient has Single Digit Swelling From.past Injury, Vertigo Positional, Nerve Pain (Neuralgia), Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Pain, Constipation, Passed Out (Fainting), Drowsiness, Fatigue, Interruption Of Aortic Arch, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure), Pressure Sore, Vision Blurred, Diastolic Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Calcium, Multivitamin, Ambien, Xalatan, Timolol Maleate, Sinemet Cr, Potassium Chloride, Omeprazole, Miralax, Azilect, Synthroid, Sinemet, Enalapril Maleate, Norvasc for a patient with Indigestion, Nutritional Support, Nutrtion, Chronic Insomnia, Glaucoma, Parkinson's Disease, Hypertension, Gerd, Constipation, Thyroid Disorder. The patient has Hypertension (High blood pressure), Dyspagia, Abdominal Bloating
- A study of side effects of Miralax for a patient with IBS. The patient has Blood Pressure
More related studies for: Miralax, High blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.