Review: could Miralax cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Miralax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Lactulose, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 9,031 people who have side effects while taking Miralax from FDA and social media. Among them, 93 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Miralax and have High blood sugar >>>
Miralax has active ingredients of polyethylene glycol 3350. It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from 9,280 Miralax users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 17,128 High blood sugar patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 9,031 people reported to have side effects when taking Miralax. Among them, 93 people (1.03%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Miralax when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00 |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Miralax * :
|High blood sugar||45.65%||54.35% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Miralax * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||3.45%||3.45%||1.15%||1.15%||21.84%||32.18%||36.78% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Miralax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (14 people, 15.05%)
- Muscle spasms (7 people, 7.53%)
- Glioblastoma multiforme (6 people, 6.45%)
- Depression (5 people, 5.38%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (5 people, 5.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lactulose (30 people, 32.26%)
- Colace (29 people, 31.18%)
- Decadron (28 people, 30.11%)
- Protonix (27 people, 29.03%)
- Ambien (26 people, 27.96%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of miralax and high blood sugar on
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Miralax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Miralax and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Miralax
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of side effects of Nexium Iv for a 55-year old woman with Heartburn - Chronic. The patient has High Blood Sugar (high blood sugar)
- A study of side effects of Allopurinol for a 67-year old man with Gout. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
- A study of side effects of Menadione for a 33-year old woman with Routine Health Maintenance. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar), Dizziness, Shortness Of Breath, Stomach Pain, Vomiting Projectile
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Linzess, Miralax, Anturol, Olanzapine, Zetia, Nexium, Depakote, Benztropine Mesylate for a 40-year old man with Nocturia, Aggression, Constipation, Schizophrenia, Hyperlipidemia, Gerd, Bipolar Disorder, Medication Side Effects. The patient has Agap Low, Eosinophilia, Mental Status Tests, Leaning Left When Walking, Nocturia
Recent Miralax related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.