Review: could Miralax cause Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Miralax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Constipation.
We study 9,031 people who have side effects while taking Miralax from FDA and social media. Among them, 421 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Miralax and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Miralax has active ingredients of polyethylene glycol 3350. It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from 9,280 Miralax users)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 73,291 Urinary tract infection patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 9,029 people reported to have side effects when taking Miralax. Among them, 426 people (4.72%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Miralax when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||20.00%||0.00%||40.00%||0.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Miralax * :
|Urinary tract infection||68.74%||31.26% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Miralax * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||3.69%||0.25%||1.97%||2.22%||12.07%||23.15%||56.65% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Miralax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Constipation (59 people, 13.85%)
- Pain (53 people, 12.44%)
- Multiple sclerosis (45 people, 10.56%)
- Multiple myeloma (37 people, 8.69%)
- Osteoporosis (34 people, 7.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (155 people, 36.38%)
- Zometa (133 people, 31.22%)
- Protonix (114 people, 26.76%)
- Ambien (111 people, 26.06%)
- Xanax (106 people, 24.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of miralax and urinary tract infection on
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Miralax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Miralax and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Miralax
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Linzess, Miralax, Anturol, Olanzapine, Zetia, Nexium, Depakote, Benztropine Mesylate for a 40-year old man with Nocturia, Aggression, Constipation, Schizophrenia, Hyperlipidemia, Gerd, Bipolar Disorder, Medication Side Effects. The patient has Agap Low, Eosinophilia, Mental Status Tests, Leaning Left When Walking, Nocturia
- A study of drug interactions between Tamoxifen Citrate, Taxol for a 58-year old woman with Breast Cancer Recurrent, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
- A study of drug interactions between Lotensin, HCTZ, Nexium for a 59-year old woman with Hypertension, Gerd. The patient has Joint Pain, Uti
- A study of side effects of Tamoxifen Citrate for a 60-year old woman with Breast Cancer In Situ. The patient has Thrush (an infection of the mouth caused by the candida fungus), Cystitis (inflammation of the wall of the bladder)
Recent Miralax related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.