Home > Miralax > Urinary tract infection > Miralax and Urinary tract infection
Review: could Miralax cause Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Miralax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Constipation.
We study 9,020 people who have side effects while taking Miralax from FDA and social media. Among them, 420 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Miralax and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Miralax (latest outcomes from 9,268 users) has active ingredients of polyethylene glycol 3350. It is often used in constipation.
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection (latest reports from 448,493 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 9,016 people reported to have side effects when taking Miralax. Among them, 425 people (4.71%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Miralax when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Miralax * :
|Urinary tract infection||68.67%||31.33% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Miralax * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||3.70%||0.25%||1.73%||2.22%||12.10%||23.21%||56.79% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Miralax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Constipation (58 people, 13.65%)
- Pain (53 people, 12.47%)
- Multiple sclerosis (45 people, 10.59%)
- Multiple myeloma (37 people, 8.71%)
- Osteoporosis (34 people, 8.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (155 people, 36.47%)
- Zometa (133 people, 31.29%)
- Protonix (114 people, 26.82%)
- Ambien (111 people, 26.12%)
- Xanax (106 people, 24.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Miralax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Miralax and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Miralax
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- What is better for motility. miralax or lactolose
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Gastric Hypermotility, Hard Feces, and takes Lactulose, Miralax)
what is easiest on guts had small bowel blockage recently and have diverticulitis
- Warfarin and urinary infections
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profess ...
- Can i take ibuprofen when i'm on the medicine miralax to treat my massive head ache?
(Asked by a 17 year old girl who has Lower Abdominal Pain, Headache, Constipation, and takes Ibuprofen, Miralax)
I was recently told by a doctor that I was constipated and that I should take Miralax. I personally don't think I'm constipated. My lower abdomen hurts and so does my head. Every single time I sneeze or cough it hurts really bad! I want to know if I can take some ibuprofen to treat the pain. But I d ...
- Can i take my macrobid while i have a hangover? is it safe?
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has UTI, and takes Macrobid)
Help me please! I really need to know if I can take my pill (macrobid) when I have a hangover
More questions for: Miralax, Urinary tract infection
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has UTI, Uti. Haven't Had Any In Years..hard To Get Rid Of., and takes Bydureon)
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
- Mirroralax causes b.p. spike
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Sudden Blood Pressure Increase, and takes Miralax)
Taking Mirroralax for three weeks. Noticed my B.P. Unusually. High 1 week ago, then last Sat. Right after taking the drug my B.P. Went to 186/101 - I am 65 yrs. old and never had this before. Called my Dr. Got bp medicene -stressed out trying to figure out what was the cause. Then yesterday
- Hair loss with miralax
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Pain Management, CRPS, and takes Miralax)
My hair started thinning out probably within a few weeks of starting Miralax on a daily basis. I continued taking it for approximately 6 months never thinking it was the Miralax. It being the only new drug I had been on, I looked on-line and immediately stopped taking it after seeing the side effect ...
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Cystitis, and takes Prolia)
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Understanding and living with cancer
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Brain Damage, Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome, Encephalopathy, Partial (focal) Seizure, and takes Dilantin, Keppra, Lamictal, Lorazepam, Seroquel, Slow-k, Miralax, Lovenox, Ondansetron, Ibuprofen, Sennosides, Folic Acid, Hycodan)
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could n ...
More reviews for: Miralax, Urinary tract infection
- A study of side effects of Miralax for a patient with Constipation. The patient has Autism Spectrum Disorder (developmental disabilities that can cause significant social, communication and behavioural challenges), Failure To Thrive (inadequate weight gain and physical growth in children), Encopresis (inability to control the elimination of stool)
Comments: My son started on this medication when he was 15 months old for chronic impaction, back when it was still available by prescription only. His pediatric gastroenterologist prescribed the full 17 gram dose daily. He took it until he was 4.5 years old. He frequently had encopresis, or a leakage of liqu ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methadose, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Lamotrigine, Adderall 20, B Complex Vitamin, Miralax, Aleve, Symbicort, Ventolin Hfa for a patient with Substance Abuse, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Add, Vitamin Supplementation, Constipation, Pain, Asthma, Exercise-induced Asthma. The patient has Movement Disorder
Comments: I am 20 years old and I have been taking 60mg of Methadose liquid through a Opioid Treatment Program since late August of 2012 (gradually increased from 30-60 over the course of 3 months until November, then maintaining at 60mg since.) I have all the common symptoms such as, excessive sweating, weig ...
- A study of drug interactions between Elavil, Cymbalta, Miralax, Calcium, Lipitor for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Neuralgia, Constipation, Osteopenia, Hypercholesterolemia. The patient has Constipation
Comments: I have fibromyalgia and now occipital neuralgia. Cymbalta helps for the second one but I understand that I shouldn't be on the two together. Also, I was out-of-state last weekend and missed 3 days of Cymbalta and had horrible dizziness, nausea and exhaustion. I am worried that my own brain can no lo ...
- A study of drug interactions between Keppra, Baclofen, Miralax for a patient with Schizencephaly, Cerebral Palsy, Constipation Prophylaxis. The patient has
Comments: My son is 6yrs old he was born with Schizencephaly, and takes kepra 2 times a day to maintain his siezures. He only has seizures in the face. But Know the pharmacy walgreens at Valley Childrens Hospital, Madera Ca. want me to try another generic brand called rocsand. He has tried previously another ...
- A study of side effects of Diovan Hct for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Tendon Pain, Back Pain, Diarrhoea, Asthma, Pain, Bladder Infection
Comments: At first I had no side effects. I started having asthma when I would catch a cold. I never had asthma before in my life. I did not connect this to the medication at first. I started experiencing mild mid-back pain which continued for a year. Dr. could find no cause. I also had bladder infectio ...
More related studies for: Miralax, Urinary tract infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (3 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (7 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (8 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (3 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (8 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zoloft for a 27-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder (26 minutes ago)
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (2 hours ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (3 hours ago)