Review: could Mirapex cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Mirapex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 9,793 people who have side effects while taking Mirapex from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mirapex and have High blood sugar >>>
Mirapex has active ingredients of pramipexole dihydrochloride. It is often used in restless leg syndrome. (latest outcomes from 10,320 Mirapex users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 17,128 High blood sugar patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 9,793 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirapex. Among them, 15 people (0.15%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Mirapex when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Mirapex * :
|High blood sugar||68.75%||31.25% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Mirapex * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||18.75%||18.75%||25.00%||37.50% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Mirapex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (4 people, 26.67%)
- Restless legs syndrome (4 people, 26.67%)
- Depression (4 people, 26.67%)
- Asthma (2 people, 13.33%)
- Fatigue (2 people, 13.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (7 people, 46.67%)
- Glyburide (4 people, 26.67%)
- Clonazepam (4 people, 26.67%)
- Gabapentin (4 people, 26.67%)
- Lexapro (4 people, 26.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Mirapex and high blood sugar on
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Mirapex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Mirapex and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Mirapex
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Meloxicam, Fentanyl-50 for a 75-year old man with Acid Reflux, Irritability, Cerebral Thrombosis, Sciatica. The patient has Neck Pain
- A study of side effects of Nexium Iv for a 55-year old woman with Heartburn - Chronic. The patient has High Blood Sugar (high blood sugar)
- A study of drug interactions between Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Amantadine Hydrochloride, Azilect for a 67-year old woman with Parkinson's Disease, Parkinsonism. The patient has Leg Pain
- A study of side effects of Allopurinol for a 67-year old man with Gout. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
- A study of side effects of Menadione for a 33-year old woman with Routine Health Maintenance. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar), Dizziness, Shortness Of Breath, Stomach Pain, Vomiting Projectile
Recent Mirapex related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Rasagiline Mesylate, Mirapex for a 64-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
- Comparions of Carbidopa And Levodopa, Mirapex for a 55-year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease
- Comparions of Mirapex, Neurontin for a 44-year old man who has RLS
- Comparions of Entacapone, Azilect, Mirapex, Carbidopa And Levodopa for a 68-year old man who has Parkinsons
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.