Review: could Mirapex cause Narcotic abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Narcotic abuse is found among people who take Mirapex, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lasix, and have Agranulocytosis.
We study 9,793 people who have side effects while taking Mirapex from FDA and social media. Among them, 18 have Narcotic abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Narcotic abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mirapex and have Narcotic abuse >>>
Mirapex has active ingredients of pramipexole dihydrochloride. It is often used in restless leg syndrome. (latest outcomes from 10,322 Mirapex users)
Narcotic abuse (addiction of narcotic (pain killer )) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 10,560 Narcotic abuse patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 9,793 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirapex. Among them, 18 people (0.18%) have Narcotic Abuse.
Time on Mirapex when people have Narcotic abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||66.67%||16.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Mirapex * :
|Narcotic abuse||65.00%||35.00% |
Age of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Mirapex * :
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Narcotic abuse when taking Mirapex ** :
How people recovered from Narcotic abuse ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Granulocytopenia (7 people, 38.89%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (7 people, 38.89%)
- Fibromyalgia (7 people, 38.89%)
- Breast cancer (7 people, 38.89%)
- Restless legs syndrome (4 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (8 people, 44.44%)
- Wellbutrin (8 people, 44.44%)
- Atenolol (8 people, 44.44%)
- Ultram (8 people, 44.44%)
- Rocephin (8 people, 44.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Narcotic Abuse while taking Mirapex?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Mirapex and have Narcotic Abuse
- support group for people who take Mirapex
- support group for people who have Narcotic Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Levitra, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Lyrica, Lisinopril, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Levetiracetam for a 67-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Vitamin D Decreased, Preventive Surgery, Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, Restlessness, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Skin Rash
- A study of side effects of Mirapex for a 67-year old woman with Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Gastropresis
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Wellbutrin Sr, Cymbalta, Mirapex for a 46-year old woman with Chronic Depression. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Meloxicam, Fentanyl-50 for a 75-year old man with Acid Reflux, Irritability, Cerebral Thrombosis, Sciatica. The patient has Neck Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Amantadine Hydrochloride, Azilect for a 67-year old woman with Parkinson's Disease, Parkinsonism. The patient has Leg Pain
Recent Mirapex related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Rasagiline Mesylate, Mirapex for a 64-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
- Comparions of Carbidopa And Levodopa, Mirapex for a 55-year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease
- Comparions of Mirapex, Neurontin for a 44-year old man who has RLS
- Comparions of Entacapone, Azilect, Mirapex, Carbidopa And Levodopa for a 68-year old man who has Parkinsons
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.