Home > Mirena > Abdominal bloating > Mirena and Abdominal bloating
Review: could Mirena cause Abdominal bloating?
We study 62,559 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Abdominal bloating. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal bloating and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirena and have Abdominal bloating >>>
Mirena (latest outcomes from 62,914 users) has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Abdominal bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen) (latest reports from 2,193 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety, birth control.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 62,559 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 3 people (0.00%) have Abdominal Bloating.
Time on Mirena when people have Abdominal bloating * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal bloating||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Abdominal bloating when taking Mirena * :
|Abdominal bloating||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
Severity of Abdominal bloating when taking Mirena ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal bloating||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Abdominal bloating ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal bloating||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Birth control (2 people, 66.67%)
- Stress and anxiety (1 people, 33.33%)
- Pregnancy (1 people, 33.33%)
- Acid reflux (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (1 people, 33.33%)
- Zantac 150 (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abdominal Bloating while taking Mirena?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mirena and have Abdominal Bloating
- support group for people who take Mirena
- support group for people who have Abdominal Bloating
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition?
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & ...
- Why are my medications making me look bloated
In 2008 I started the Suboxone Program. I Started on 16mg since then, I have been up and down on my doses. I was put on this drug as a result of my addiction to to over the counter opiates. I was also prescribed Seroquel, I stopped taking the Seroquel it wasn't helping me in anyway and I gained so m ...
- Breast cancer of former norplant users
Patients who had a norplant that developed breast cancer after it's removal. I know of 3 young women who have aggressive breast cancer and they all had norplant at some point.
More questions for: Mirena, Abdominal bloating
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Mirena and the paranoia
Okay, I will get one thing straight, I DO love my IUD. Luckily I'm one of the ones where it doesn't fall out of me or migrate. It stays put and does it's job.
I know there have been endless reports of symptoms. I will admit, I have a few of the more common ones, such as false pregnancy symptoms, ...
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
- Mirena /pulmonary embolism
Hi , I was on mirena @ six weeks post delivery of my second sons birth in August of 2011. In march of 2013 I felt extremely tired , sluggish , like I was sick . I also was experiencing tachycardia and fever . I went in to docs and he said I had a respiratory infection and sent me home with an inhale ...
More reviews for: Mirena, Abdominal bloating
On eHealthMe, Mirena (levonorgestrel) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Mirena is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Mirena used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a patient with Pregnancy. The patient has Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Back Pain Aggravated, Joint Stiffness, Headache Nos Aggravated, Neck Stiffness, Depressed Mood, Swelling, Sciatica Aggravated (a set of symptoms including pain caused by general compression or irritation of one of five spinal nerve roots of each sciatic nerve), Buttock Pain, Panic Disorder, Social Problem, Insomnia Exacerbated (sleeplessness), Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen)
More related studies for: Mirena, Abdominal bloating
Recent Mirena related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Mirena, Abdominal bloating
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (3 minutes ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (9 minutes ago)
- Daytrana for a 7-year old boy who has Hyperness Adhd (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (5 minutes ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (52 minutes ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (2 hours ago)
- Pregnancy With Advanced Maternal Age
- Pancreas Infection
- Alpha Yohimbine Hcl