Home > Mirena > Back pain > Mirena and Back pain
Review: could Mirena cause Back pain?
We study 62,559 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,269 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirena and have Back pain >>>
Mirena (latest outcomes from 62,914 users) has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Back pain (latest reports from 678,422 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 14, 2014: 62,559 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 1,269 people (2.03%) have Back Pain.
Time on Mirena when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||17.96%||34.69%||16.53%||13.27%||14.49%||3.06%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Mirena * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||2.28%||44.40%||36.67%||15.36%||1.09%||0.20% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Mirena ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||0.00%||61.54%||23.08%||15.38% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (837 people, 65.96%)
- Menorrhagia (88 people, 6.93%)
- Vaginal haemorrhage (21 people, 1.65%)
- Endometriosis (19 people, 1.50%)
- Dysmenorrhoea (15 people, 1.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Yasmin (17 people, 1.34%)
- Protonix (15 people, 1.18%)
- Yaz (14 people, 1.10%)
- Synthroid (13 people, 1.02%)
- Zoloft (12 people, 0.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Back Pain while taking Mirena?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mirena and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Mirena
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
Had Mirena IUD put in and within 1 yr I started having all these problems. Thought it was menopause. Had to quit working due to swollen legs and headaches back pain. My stomach was always bloated and went to doc over and over and had gall bladder checked, kidneys checked. Nothing. Am in menopause for 1 1/2 year and none of the symptoms went away. Thought I was going insane with all the different pain and no answers from the doctors and different tests. Went to chiropractor last week and he told me my IUD had shifted and I should get it removed. I am doing this next week. hopefully these symptoms will go away.
From this study (3 years ago):
I have a mirena iud for approximately 1 month and symptoms started after insertion
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Mirena, Back pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Mirena /pulmonary embolism
Hi , I was on mirena @ six weeks post delivery of my second sons birth in August of 2011. In march of 2013 I felt extremely tired , sluggish , like I was sick . I also was experiencing tachycardia and fever . I went in to docs and he said I had a respiratory infection and sent me home with an inhale ...
More reviews for: Mirena, Back pain
On eHealthMe, Mirena (levonorgestrel) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Mirena is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Mirena used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (39 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (47 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Zanaflex and Fluid Retention
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- L Glutathione
- Bromfed Dm
- Breast Enlargement
- Difficulty Breathing
- Tuberculosis Reactivated