Review: could Mirena cause Bloody discharge?
Summary: Bloody discharge is found among people who take Mirena, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, and have Birth control.
We study 62,609 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Bloody discharge. Find out below who they are, when they have Bloody discharge and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mirena and have Bloody discharge >>>
Mirena has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 62,963 Mirena users)
Bloody discharge has been reported by people with pain, multiple myeloma, depression, insomnia, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 461 Bloody discharge patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 62,603 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 7 people (0.01%) have Bloody Discharge.
Time on Mirena when people have Bloody discharge * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bloody discharge||66.67%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Bloody discharge when taking Mirena * :
|Bloody discharge||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Bloody discharge when taking Mirena ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bloody discharge||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bloody discharge ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (6 people, 85.71%)
- Birth control (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of mirena and bloody discharge on
Do you have Bloody Discharge while taking Mirena?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Mirena and have Bloody Discharge
- support group for people who take Mirena
- support group for people who have Bloody Discharge
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin-vk, Phentermine, Mirena for a 36-year old woman with Antibiotic Level, Weight Loss, Birth Control. The patient has Muscle Weakness, Low Platelet Count, Sinus Infection, Aches - Leg, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Plan B One-step for a 16-year old girl with Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive. The patient has Nausea, Bladder Discomfort, Uti - Acute, Breast Tenderness
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a 26-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Urinary Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin A, Mirena for a 31-year old woman with Over All Health And M.s., Birth Control, Endometriosis. The patient has Moodiness, Breast Enlargement
- A study of drug interactions between Mirena, Pantoprazole, Vyvanse, Divalproex, Escitalopram for a 30-year old woman with Birth Control, Ibs, Adhd, Bipolar Disorder, Depression. The patient has Lactation Disorder
Recent Mirena related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.