Home > Mirena > Breast discharge > Mirena and Breast discharge
Review: could Mirena cause Breast discharge?
We study 62,559 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Among them, 79 have Breast discharge. Find out below who they are, when they have Breast discharge and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirena and have Breast discharge >>>
Mirena (latest outcomes from 62,895 users) has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Breast discharge (latest reports from 4,434 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, depression, pain, bipolar disorder, osteopenia.
On Sep, 11, 2014: 62,541 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 79 people (0.13%) have Breast Discharge.
Time on Mirena when people have Breast discharge * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breast discharge||0.00%||25.00%||12.50%||12.50%||37.50%||12.50%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Breast discharge when taking Mirena * :
|Breast discharge||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||35.00%||38.33%||26.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Breast discharge when taking Mirena ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Breast discharge||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Breast discharge ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Breast discharge||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (35 people, 44.30%)
- Menorrhagia (5 people, 6.33%)
- Dysmenorrhoea (1 people, 1.27%)
- Hyperthyroidism (1 people, 1.27%)
- Adenomyosis (1 people, 1.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Morphine (3 people, 3.80%)
- Venalot (1 people, 1.27%)
- Zoloft (1 people, 1.27%)
- Bactrim (1 people, 1.27%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (1 people, 1.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Breast Discharge while taking Mirena?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Mirena and have Breast Discharge
- group for people who take Mirena
- group for people who have Breast Discharge
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
These side effects seem to flare up and then calm down, especially around my menstrual cycle.
From this study (1 week ago):
I've had flank pain on my left side for several months now. Some days its awful some days slim to none. Usually when I take 800 mg of Ibuprofen they pain is tolerable. I went to the doctor for it once and they associated it with being a muscle pain, and gave me a relaxer. That makes me tired and doesn't help. They also gave me an antibiotic because I tested positive for a UTI.
Any ideas? Could the pain be from my Mirena?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Mirena, Breast discharge
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Mirena /pulmonary embolism
Hi , I was on mirena @ six weeks post delivery of my second sons birth in August of 2011. In march of 2013 I felt extremely tired , sluggish , like I was sick . I also was experiencing tachycardia and fever . I went in to docs and he said I had a respiratory infection and sent me home with an inhale ...
- Mirena and iritis connection??
Was healthy 31yrway old with 3mothe baby when iritis began. It lasted nearly 15moas never fully healing before flaring again. Otho considered Methotrexate it was so bad and life altering buying was breast feeding. Maybe could have treated differently if not nursing but with my baby's GI issues breas ...
- Placenta previa after having the mirena iud
I had the Mirena implant from 2006 to 2011 after my 2nd child. After having it removed my husband and I got pregnant in August 2013. When I was 13 weeks I started bleeding and week to the emergency room. Upon further treatment the doctor concluded that I had a threatened abortion caused by a small ...
More reviews for: Mirena, Breast discharge
On eHealthMe, Mirena (levonorgestrel) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Mirena is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Mirena used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Nexium, Ventolin Hfa, Imitrex, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Multivitamin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydroxyzine, Cymbalta for a 42-year old woman who has GERD, Asthma, Migraine, Allergy, Incontinence - Urinary, Muscle Spasms, Vitamin D Deficiency, Hypothyroidism, Itching, Depression (43 minutes ago)
- Abilify for a 54-year old man who has Depression (52 minutes ago)
- Enbrel for a 43-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cytomegalovirus Infection and Vertigo
- Flexeril for Fibromyalgia
- Lightheadedness and Emphysema
- Levothyroxine Sodium
Recent user comments
- "Did not notice until started Finasteride, but might h ... " (2 hours ago)
- "I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Having headache recurrent last 24 hrs. Side effects o ... " (11 hours ago)