Home > Mirena > Breast discharge > Mirena and Breast discharge
Review: could Mirena cause Breast discharge?
We study 62,559 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Among them, 79 have Breast discharge. Find out below who they are, when they have Breast discharge and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirena and have Breast discharge >>>
Mirena (latest outcomes from 62,914 users) has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Breast discharge (latest reports from 4,438 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, depression, pain, bipolar disorder, osteopenia.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 62,559 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 79 people (0.13%) have Breast Discharge.
Time on Mirena when people have Breast discharge * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breast discharge||0.00%||25.00%||12.50%||12.50%||37.50%||12.50%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Breast discharge when taking Mirena * :
|Breast discharge||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||35.00%||38.33%||26.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Breast discharge when taking Mirena ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Breast discharge||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Breast discharge ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Breast discharge||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (35 people, 44.30%)
- Menorrhagia (5 people, 6.33%)
- Dysmenorrhoea (1 people, 1.27%)
- Hyperthyroidism (1 people, 1.27%)
- Adenomyosis (1 people, 1.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Morphine (3 people, 3.80%)
- Venalot (1 people, 1.27%)
- Zoloft (1 people, 1.27%)
- Bactrim (1 people, 1.27%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (1 people, 1.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Breast Discharge while taking Mirena?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mirena and have Breast Discharge
- support group for people who take Mirena
- support group for people who have Breast Discharge
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 days ago):
Can only eat bland food, triggers hoarseness swallowing problems mucus in throat and a feeling of lump in the throat was thinking if it was the hormones from the mirena coil that was causing this.
From this study (5 days ago):
Recently on Lexapro (6 weeks) and Valium (2 weeks), this was stopped around a month ago. I also had an Implanon removed which had been inside my arm for around 5 months.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
I think that I have kidney stones which is caused by my Mirena IUD?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Mirena, Breast discharge
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Mirena and the paranoia
Okay, I will get one thing straight, I DO love my IUD. Luckily I'm one of the ones where it doesn't fall out of me or migrate. It stays put and does it's job.
I know there have been endless reports of symptoms. I will admit, I have a few of the more common ones, such as false pregnancy symptoms, ...
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
- Mirena /pulmonary embolism
Hi , I was on mirena @ six weeks post delivery of my second sons birth in August of 2011. In march of 2013 I felt extremely tired , sluggish , like I was sick . I also was experiencing tachycardia and fever . I went in to docs and he said I had a respiratory infection and sent me home with an inhale ...
More reviews for: Mirena, Breast discharge
On eHealthMe, Mirena (levonorgestrel) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Mirena is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Mirena used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenergan, Imitrex, Protonix, Xanax, Buspar for a 35-year old woman who has Nausea In The Morning - Females, Migraine, GERD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Chronic Depression (8 minutes ago)
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (41 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (45 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Inflammation and Wellbutrin
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (59 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)
- Bayer Extra Strength Aspirin For Migraine Pain
- Lyrica Cp Pharms 50mg